• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ludders

New Steering Wheel, Opinions, Recommendations?

Ludders

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about getting a new steering wheel for my MI16. It's currently the normal phase 2 black wheel for the 1.9 but I find it cheap feeling and a bit on the large side. Any new wheel needs to be black leather to match the interior (full black leather) and smart looking, I'm not really looking for a track/racing wheel just something better feeling and a bit smaller than the existing wheel.

Might possibly look at changing the gear knob to match but I don't want it to look like a Halfrauds add on interior!

Would anybody like to recommend/point me in the direction of a good replacement?

Cheers

SurGie

Hi, iv got a phase 2 black leather 309 GTI steering wheel.

Its much thicker than the 205 one and has a better feel, more grip for

people with big hands.

I think it the same size as 205 one.

Try getting a 206 gti gear nob, looks well good crome/allu colour.

projectpug

I think you should keep with your original , i really like the fell of the standard one any one else agree?

S13Nick

i have go a suede Momo Corse, not the new one, but its perfect!

Edited by S13Nick

eno

I would recommend a round one; square ones don't work so well, especially if you have nobbily knees.

I had a knight ridger style one in a 106 GTI once; many times I tried to grab bits that weren't there - I dunno how Micheal Knight did it - my hero!!

eno

yes, i did stupid things when i was a bit younger...

0012yo9.jpg

Edited by eno

pacey205

I replaced my standard wheel with a Momo Champion, mainly because it was going cheap on here and I fancied a change. Much prefer it though, its not that much smaller diameter wise but having the wheel the extra couple of inches closer to you makes it alot comfier to drive with (IMO).

p2240227zw7.th.jpgthpix.gif

Michael

bren_1.3

ive just recently returned from a deep dish sparco wheel to the original wheel. i find the original wheel is now down on my lap and i dont like it at all!!!

it took me a good few days to get the feel of it and to adjust my seat position..

DaveW

I love the 309 gti steering wheel feels great to drive with, you can get small momo ones like 300mm? might be bit of a pain when parking tho..

craig f90

Im using a Momo race. Its been in the car for around 8 years, i find it nice. The missus bought me a matching gear knob 2 years ago for Xmas.

Its a 350mm one, a reasonably sensible size for regular driving.

sonofsam
I love the 309 gti steering wheel feels great to drive with, you can get small momo ones like 300mm? might be bit of a pain when parking tho..

I had a 300mm one for a while, really not good for a daily driver as it made the steering heavy coupled with 16" Mo's aswell,

so I went back to the original size steering wheel and wheels as it is much better!

Henry Yorke
I replaced my standard wheel with a Momo Champion, mainly because it was going cheap on here and I fancied a change. Much prefer it though, its not that much smaller diameter wise but having the wheel the extra couple of inches closer to you makes it alot comfier to drive with (IMO).

p2240227zw7.th.jpgthpix.gif

Michael

I have this wheel too, spaced out towards me with a snap off steering wheel boss on a standard Momo boss. Much better than standard, though it can be a little slippy on a cold day, but no worse than than standard. I just need goves if I do another December trackday with the roof off like I did at Cadwell!

post-3457-1224191788_thumb.jpg

Gearknob wise, I have a Euro-gentry leather one. Again I find this much better than the standard one as it is not as far forward and has a better feel

post-3457-1224191926_thumb.jpg

Sign in to follow this