• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ricky123

Help Pleasee

ricky123

I replaced the rear beam on my 205 gti 1.6 a few months ago with one i bought of pistonheads the guy i bought it off told me it was rebuilt 2000 miles before and he was only selling it due to putting a 1.9 beam on his, the beam looked alrite and did look like it had been rebuilt. ive had my car stood in my back garden for abit now as i want to do a few things to it but i went outside before and it looks like the back of the car is leaning to the left, ive had the wheels off an looked ot the beam etc and it looked fine so i dropeed it bak on the florr an bounced the rear end with my foot and the left side shocker seems like it could be nakered as its realy soft, could this make the car lean??

any help would be great

cheers

Edited by ricky123

davepug205

yes it will if the shocks knackered. are you sure its on a flat surface and have you tried moving the car as the handbrake could hold it up if youve been jacking etc

ricky123

Ive released the handbrake after jacking the car up and ive only moved it in the garden but to be honest it isnt realy that flat, i will take it out of the garden tomorrow and see what it looks like then

Sign in to follow this