• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Martin W

Zx Trailing Arms

Martin W

I'm considering a pair of ZX trailing arms to achieve some rear negative camber but I have a few questions:

1) Which model ZX do they need to come off?

2) Where can you get them, except citroen?

3) How much are they new? Not keen on second hand ones.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Martin

welshpug

modified arms/camber kit would be significantly cheaper if you're looking at new parts.

as far as I know they had to be from a 16v model, of which there are 2 which share these trailing arms;

5175S1 LEFT SUSPENSION ARM 251.49 GBP

5175T0 RIGHT SUSPENSION ARM 245.83 GBP

I don't know if the geometry is different for the lesser models, but they do all share a different part number, and more expensive arms!

5175R9 LEFT SUSPENSION ARM 259.86 GBP

5175T2 RIGHT SUSPENSION ARM 259.86 GBP

They do come with new arm shafts pressed in.

Other than Citroen, it'd have to be a scrapyard, and the chances of finding a 16V model is quite rare now.

Edited by welshpug

Martin W

wow, thanks welsh, I dont supose you know what is included in a rear negative camber kit that is is, eg Skip Browns version?

Stu

Best bet mate would be to get a set of secondhand ones, and fit new shafts. They do pop up form time to time, i *think* Anthony had a set for sale so might be worth dropping him a PM?

I dropped lucky the other weekend on a good ZX Volcane beam, cost me £30! So they are still out there!

Martin W

Does anyone know how much new shafts are? Welsh??

welshpug

thing is stu, I dont know if the Volcane would be the same camber and toe as the valvers, as they're a different part number :angry:

Camber Kits IIRC include a longer Stub axle pin and an alloy spacer, so you gain a little width as well as camber, I believe Miles does these as well as SBC.

SBC's Kit I believe is £200 +Vat.

Martin (CRF450) offers custom trailing arms (i.e yours machined to the desired spec) details here Negative Camber Trailing Arms pretty good deal at £140 if the offer still stands.

Trailing arms shafts have gone up significantly recently, around the £70 mark each, GSF's supply @ £39 each has dried up I've heard ;)

Edited by welshpug

Martin W

I think Miles is starting/is producing these kits now so I think this is a better option than ZX arms etc and the most cost effective.

Stu
thing is stu, I dont know if the Volcane would be the same camber and toe as the valvers, as they're a different part number :angry:

Camber Kits IIRC include a longer Stub axle pin and an alloy spacer, so you gain a little width as well as camber, I believe Miles does these as well as SBC.

SBC's Kit I believe is £200 +Vat.

Martin (CRF450) offers custom trailing arms (i.e yours machined to the desired spec) details here Negative Camber Trailing Arms pretty good deal at £140 if the offer still stands.

Trailing arms shafts have gone up significantly recently, around the £70 mark each, GSF's supply @ £39 each has dried up I've heard ;)

Hmm... Just looked on autodata and the camber/toe settings are the same across the board, base models included? I could see what a trailing arm could have a different part number between disk/drum, but not ZX16v vs. Volcane?

Isnt the concensus of opinion that they both have the 1degree neg plus 0 toe in? I certainly thought they were the same part?

Alan_M

Hmm, I'm sure mine came off a Volcane (although will need to check with Anthony) and certainly do not sit like other 'ZX'd' beams I've seen on here.

At those prices, this'll be my last set too. SBC kit sounds interesting.

Anthony

I'm not sure why ZX 16v and other ZX arms have different part numbers, but I've not personally noticed any obvious difference between them having used both in the past, and indeed having had both on my 205 in the past (previous beam had ZX 16v arms, current one has some base model ZX arms that were converted to disks)

The only difference that I know off the top of my head is that ZX 16v's had ABS as standard, whereas most other ZX's don't have ABS (I'm guessing it was an option, but doesn't seem to have been a popular one). However, the arms from Citroen won't have hubs etc on them I wouldn't have thought, so that won't be the difference in part numbers.

From memory, all ZX's are listed as 1.2 degrees negative camber and 0 degrees toe.

IMG_5377.sized.jpg

The increased negative camber is pretty obvious from looking behind the car - that's ZX arms on a 309 beam.

Sign in to follow this