• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AdamP

Base Model Arbs

AdamP

I'm finding that the ARB on the front of my 205 RG is lifting the inside wheel and reducing traction out of the corners. Obviously I can't remove the ARB as it provides the 2nd location, but did any of the base models come with a smaller one?

welshpug

try a fatter rear ARB?

not sure which size ARB yours would have, but 20, 22 and 23mm are the sizes out there.

Edited by welshpug

pug_ham

The Roland Garross will most likely have the XS spec rear beam with a 16mm rear arb imo.

Looking on service box your car could have either a 20, 22 or 23mm front arb so measure it & see whats fitted. If its the 23mm you could try searching a few scrapyards to find a thinner 20 or 22mm one. (might find a 20mm one fitted to the 1.0 XE)

Graham.

AdamP
try a fatter rear ARB?

not sure which size ARB yours would have, but 20, 22 and 23mm are the sizes out there.

It does have the XS spec one.

What would be the ARB to have on the rear?

Henry Yorke

Diesel front ARB's tend to be thicker than petrol ones if it is any use. A 309 diesel one would be pretty good at a guess as 309 tend to be thicker than 205 ones as well

Edited by Henry Yorke

taylorspug
It does have the XS spec one.

What would be the ARB to have on the rear?

Standard GTI 19mm ARB would go straight in, so would be a good cheap place to start. :)

Sign in to follow this