• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sonofsam

Busting Wheel Bolts, Non Oe Quality!

sonofsam

I know im strong,lol and I wasn't using a torque wrench, but FM your not supposed to be able to snap wheel bolts are you?! :angry:

They were the ones off ebay sold by Fireturk if anyones interested

Luckily there was enought left in the hub to be able to remove the left overs, half an hour before an MOT was not an ideal time for it to happen!

F&*kin ebay :D

swordfish210

Thats pretty bad. I had a starter motor give up the ghost an hour before an MOT once. That was a massive pain in the arse :angry:

welshpug

hmm, they probably wont honour any guarantee as it wasnt fitted by a professional or torqued up to the correct torque setting or something like that, barstewards!

Jrod
hmm, they probably wont honour any guarantee as it wasnt fitted by a professional or torqued up to the correct torque setting or something like that, barstewards!

It was though? :ph34r:

pug_ham

How tight were you trying to get them?

You can get the wheel bolts over tightened using a 3/8" ratchet, they are only supposed to be done up to 63lbft (which is nothing).

How can they prove they weren't if you tell them they were done by a professional using a torque wrench?

Graham.

MerlinGTI

hmm glad I didnt buy them now

Sign in to follow this