• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
de Noir

106/206 Eibach Sportline Springs..

de Noir

The progressive ones with declared 45-50mm drop, for both 106 and 206, same part number.

Anyone tried this at home? :D

Batfink

Sandy has used the 106 ones on his old rallye to good effect.

RossD

I've got them on my 205 build at the moment. Great quality stuff. Stiff when you need them to be and smooth when driving normally thanks to the dual rate (Although I've only driven mine around a car-park currently!)

• Like 1

Sandy

The best road springs for the 205 IMO.

Fox

Where can I get a pair of these from?

de Noir
I've got them on my 205 build at the moment. Great quality stuff. Stiff when you need them to be and smooth when driving normally thanks to the dual rate (Although I've only driven mine around a car-park currently!)

Ross, judging by photos on your site, you don't have the ones I'm referring to.

I didn't mean Eibach Pro-Kit springs, part no E7001-120 stamping F7001001 (205 item).

I'm after Eibach Sportline, part no E20-70-001-01-20 / E20-70-002-01-20, stamping F21-70-002-01-VA (106/206 item).

:angry:

Edited by MH_

Sandy

E-20-70-001-01-20

de Noir

cybernck

NOOO!

so these springs:

205Mi32_Ph1_136.thumb.jpg

205Mi32_Ph1_137.thumb.jpg

are actually the CORRECT "7001" ones, unlike i've been informed a few times on here :ph34r:.

i've always thought they were "wrong" ones and sold them "to get rid of" :huh:.

however, they lowered my Mi16 only by a couple of cm's and i didn't really like the initial softness they gave.

Sandy

There's perhaps a little confusion here between:

E-7001-120 (205 I 1.6 CT, 1.6 GTI, 1.9 GTI, 1.7 D; 02.84>10.87 25-35/30mm) which doesn't lower the car at all really

and

E-20-70-001-01-20 (106 II 1.0, 1.1, 1.4, 1.6, 1.6 S16, 1.5 D; 04.96> 45-50/30mm) which lowers the 205 about 30-35mm once settled usually.

The latter is what you pictured I think Nick, I like the initial softness personally, each to their own!

RossD

Which of the two above Sandy do you refer to as

The best road springs for the 205 IMO.

I'm confused totally now!! :ph34r:

Batfink

The 106 Sportline kit is what Sandy is refering to.

The 205 springs are the Prokit range

The sportline kit are a fast road spring, the prokit is designed to lower the car a little, without ruining the ride quality.

Super Josh
The 106 Sportline kit is what Sandy is refering to.

The 205 springs are the Prokit range

The sportline kit are a fast road spring, the prokit is designed to lower the car a little, without ruining the ride quality.

I'm confused too :ph34r: So do the prokit springs provide a more comfortable ride then?

Josh

Batfink

I've only been in a 205 with the prokit but if Eibach's sales info is anything to go with the prokit springs should be a close spring rate to standard.

Although the 106 springs are not officially for the 205, they can be used to good effect.

Edited by Batfink

de Noir

Further, I've read technical sheets for both 106 and 206 Sportline springs.

Although part numbers difer in one digit, they both share the same ausfuehrungbezeichnung, 21-70-002-01-VA.

They're virtually the same: same spring length and diameter, same coilcount and coil diameter, everything.

30-35mm drop is fine by me.. :ph34r:

Batfink

indeed they are. I buy in 206 or 106 springs depending what Eibach have in stock :ph34r:

jackherer

Does anyone on here sell Eibach springs and know the product range well enough to supply the right springs for an obscure non-peugeot car? PM me if so...

gti_al
There's perhaps a little confusion here between:

E-7001-120 (205 I 1.6 CT, 1.6 GTI, 1.9 GTI, 1.7 D; 02.84>10.87 25-35/30mm) which doesn't lower the car at all really

and

E-20-70-001-01-20 (106 II 1.0, 1.1, 1.4, 1.6, 1.6 S16, 1.5 D; 04.96> 45-50/30mm) which lowers the 205 about 30-35mm once settled usually.

The latter is what you pictured I think Nick, I like the initial softness personally, each to their own!

That is good news, as i was planning on tracking some of these down... while we didn't get 106s in aus, 206s were huge so they should be easy to get

Does anyone have a pic with them fitted? I have jamex ones now, and they are stupidly crashy... some initial softness sounds good!

Sandy

John Goodhand's Rallye has them, it's got the Iron blobk TU,so aboutt he same front axle load as GTI.

de Noir

One more thing here, @Sandy, Batfink: Do Sportline springs fit OE dampers?

Batfink

standard dampers might be a little soft for them, your main risk will be running the standard damper at its limits as your going to be running on the bumpstops. I'd want to use a shortened damper

Batfink
Does anyone on here sell Eibach springs and know the product range well enough to supply the right springs for an obscure non-peugeot car? PM me if so...

I take it this is not a car listed in their range?? If you had spring dimensions then Eibach would be able to advise an equivelent spring

de Noir

I see. I got B4 Gas Bilsteins all around, as OE replacement for 309GTI16.

I guess they are standard length, then. At least Bilstein says so.. :)

EDIT: Just wanted to make sure that Sprintline spring isn't too short for OE damper, ie impossible to fit.

Edited by MH_

Batfink

it will most likely fit but the spring may allow the damper sit on the bumpstops. The b4 is an oem damper so you will be running standard bumpstops which are rather big. Cutting them down may allow the damper piston to max out, shortening the damper life considerably.

de Noir

I guess I'll have to fit them and see what's going on. Thank you for quick reply. :)

Sign in to follow this