• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Veero

Fitting A Gti6 Brake Fluid Reservoir

Veero

Right just fitted my 406 M/C all well and good managed not to damage any pipes and all the unions came undone nicely. Quick question though, it was supplied supplied with a GTi6 reservoir and I've seen that a lot of people use this combo.

How does it fit in there? I tried squeezing it in but it fouls everything, strut brace, fuel filter (OEM fitting one), OSF brake line, rear brake line and the vacuum hose on the servo.

Are the 406 ones more slim line, as in narrower side to side?

Tempted to just reuse the 205 one but I was looking forward to having a tarty looking modern 306 one in there :)

Cheers

Veero

Veero

So noones fitted a GTi6 reservoir with a 406 MC?

Super Josh

Yep, the 406 one fits a lot better than the odd shaped 306 one. You can actually fit the 205 one in, but it doesn't have the more modern split pin to hold it onto the MC in the event of a crash. To help reduce the chance of brake fluid spilling onto a hot exhaust. You could always use a cable tie :angry:

You can see a my 406 one here

Josh

whizzer71

I used a 406 one too,I couldnt get the 306 reservoir to fit,I would think that its an impossibility unless you re-site the fuel filter etc ?

:angry:

Miles

As said the 406 bottle is much better in shape and design than the 306 one, Cheap too new

Veero

All done, fitted a 406 one.

Another question though, do you need to adjust the servo push rod for the different MC?

I hope not, pedal travel just feels a bit funny that's all :lol:

Sign in to follow this