• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bill

Removing Headlining

bill

is this a simple job? is it just a case of pulling off all the plastic bits and undoing any screws you may find, any hidden ones that aren't obvious?

is there glue underneath, if so whats best to remove this?

ps. how long does it take to do?

Arahan

Yeah you've pretty much answered it all! Pull off the plastic bits, the handle above the passengers head will need to come off, and yes there is glue!

steve@cornwall
is this a simple job? is it just a case of pulling off all the plastic bits and undoing any screws you may find, any hidden ones that aren't obvious?

is there glue underneath, if so whats best to remove this?

ps. how long does it take to do?

Glued at the sides - separate with a wallpaper scraper

bill

i'll have a go at this at the weekend, is it possible to remove it, without ruining it? just thinking somebody might want it ie. ebay :ph34r:

Martin W
i'll have a go at this at the weekend, is it possible to remove it, without ruining it? just thinking somebody might want it ie. ebay :ph34r:

That depends how much glue has been used to hold on the headlining, there was loads of glue holding mine to the roof so it was junk when it eventually came free.

bill

guess its a case of i'll have to wait and see how it turns out then

dale205mills

I have got a few headliners off but useing a stanley blade and cutting into the glue bit by bit, its takes time but they do come off in the end

bill

i'll bear the stanley knife in mind cheers mate

Peetypug

mine only had a little bit in the middle holding it on

it came off without much effort B)

jackherer

I've taken a couple out and they've just fallen off pretty much. The hard part was removing the glue residue from the inside of the roof afterwards

Sign in to follow this