• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
feb

Mapping

feb

Hi,

I am thinking of having my car remapped after changing the exhaust and air filter (either in Sweden or UK) but I am wondering about potential problems if I go back to Greece where ambient temperatures can reach 40C in the summer.

Does the ECU retard the ignition based on the air intake temperature? I am not sure if my car has a knock sensor (I doubt).

Otherwise could I feed the output of a knock sensor to the ECU (Ecutek) and program it to retard the ingnition if knocking is detected?

Manufacturers perform testing in extreme conditions (desert and arctic climates) to fine tune the ECU and avoid potential problems.

My main worry is if a car is mapped at certain conditions on a RR or the road how it would cope in extreme heat/cold without putting the engine in risk.

Cheers ;)

RossD

Any half decent tuner should do this for you, most aftermarket ECU's have settings that do exactly what you are talking about.

My Emearld for example has compensations for fuel and ignition based on air temp, coolant temp and any other input you care to connect to it!

projectpug

Hi ,

If you are talking about your subaru which i think you are as ecutek are suabru based. Yes your car will be fine regarding temperatures it will also have a knock sensor fitted. More of an issue is what fuel you have yours mapped to and then what you go and run it on afterwards. It's no good getting a remap on our top petrol if you cant get it locally so make sure you take to your tuner/mapper about this. Also yu want to do as many modifications as possible as a remap isn't cheap so i would do all your mods and then map it last. I am more familiar with classic subarus however i am pretty sure you will gain a healthy amount of hp/torque.

Any more Q's?

Phil

Edited by projectpug

Sign in to follow this