• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Atari Boy

Swapping Trailing Arm Shafts Over Tomorrow Morning

Atari Boy

I am taking my existing trailing arms and replacement shafts over to my local machine shop tomorrow morning, first thing.

They chaps there are very good, but are not Peugeot or suspension gurus.

Is there anything in particular that they need to do or not do?

I note that the existing arm shafts are recessed in the trailing arms, I assume this is normal, what recess measurement should we be looking to achieve?

Anything else I need to watch out for?

Any advice tonight would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Jonny

welshpug

they should be recessed 2mm.

Apart from that its pretty straightforward, done be scared when you see how many tons they put on, some pop out with ease, some don't want to shift at all and go with a bang :rolleyes:

Atari Boy
Apart from that its pretty straightforward, done be scared when you see how many tons they put on, some pop out with ease, some don't want to shift at all and go with a bang :rolleyes:

That bit of relief, I have already tried to swap them with a bench top press and they did not shift.

Atari Boy

All sorted, I will collect tomorrow morning, they cost £47 to have done for anyone’s future reference.

Anthony

£47 to press some shafts in? Jesus H Christ! :lol:

If you were closer, I've got a press in the garage now and I'd have happily done it in exchange for a beer or two

Tom Fenton

That really is taking the pizz I'm sorry to say. Its 20min work MAX :lol:

Atari Boy

I thought so too, but I trust them and they were the only place local the I knew would be able to do them

jonnie205

takes me about 1 min per shaft, but if you aint gotta press then you gotta pay

Sign in to follow this