• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
welshpug

S16 Top Hose, Stat Housing To Rad.

welshpug

I'm fitting an S16 into a 205, and was wondering what people use for the Top hose? (the original of course doesn't suit)

or do I need to get a few bends and joiners? (Air filter/filter hose is right in the way, as well as the take-off on the Thermostat being at a different angle)

boldy205

Does the S16 use the same setup as that GTi6, with the CONRAD click on hose? If so BBM make a very nice convertion piece to allow the use of a Std 8V top rad hose.

Hope that helps?

welshpug

nope, just a normal push on and jubilee clip of the same size (32mm i.d) there is no way at all that the original top hose could be used due to the proximity of the throttle body to the outlet on the radiator (it has a 306 gti6 inlet fitted)

Alastairh

I used a bendy hose thats available in halfords.

Go down with your original one and you'll find the one i mean. No need for joiners and random bits of metal pipe...

Al

welshpug

Thanks Al :)

Alastairh

Sort it?

welshpug

not yet, haven't been down to Halfords as yet.

to give an idea of how close it is heres a naff picture :blush:

th_PICT0068-1.jpg

I think even with some 32mm flexi hose I'm going to struggle without a joiner and a bend somewhere.

I think the main problem is the GTi6 intake, though I'm sure the problem would be the same on the GTi6 lump :rolleyes:

or is it because I haven't lowered the rad?!

Edited by welshpug

welshpug

hmm, seems Halfords don't do this type of hose any more, but I have seen it in the CBS catalogue.

might have to do it with joiners after all as it is very tight there.

Sign in to follow this