• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Para

Just Fitted Automatic Bonnet

Para

Yesterday i fitted lovely bonnet from automatic version, car looks great. Here's pic:

53113_P1010004_122_237lo.JPG

One of the metal arm holding the bonnet is broken at one end and the whole bonnet is not so straight as it should be. Because of that I had problems with locking the bonnet , and I had to move the lock little bit closer to the engine. When I did that the bonnet locked properly but I can't open it anymore :/ need some help guys

thanks

dirtdog

this is tricky.. :unsure: will the cable not pull properly? I had a similar problem before..not exactly the same as you but nevermind.

Can you squeeze a scewdriver up inside toward the lock for a wiggle about? Thats the only advice I can give sorry..and I guess you've probably tried that anyway :(

craig f90

Try pulling the lever inside whilst an accomplise pushes up and down on the bonnet repatedly. gently of course.

Henry Yorke

My rule of thumb is alway to fit a bonnet with the grille off!

Try unscrewing the lever arm inside the car and giving the whole cable a tug. That may allow you some extra pull on the latch.

djinuk

exact same problem happened to mine, get someone to pull the lever, whilst you pull with a lot of force on the bonnet, it will release, and dont worry you wont bend the bonnet.

Phil H

Get underneath and pop a bit of wire through the hole on the lever where the cable has popped out from. It is a bit awkward, but it is exposed under the slam panel.

Para

Thanks a lot, i didn't know that there is so many ways of opening it. I will try all of it tonight, in case i will open it what should i do to avoid lock it like that again ?

DaveW

Take the grill off and fit some wire/string to the catch release and hang it down do you can get to it under the car.

Para

Yeah but i can't do this every time i want to open the bonnet !

dirtdog

fix the broken arm and then move the lock back to where it originally was? or just forget about the lock and stick bonnet pins in, some aeros or something?

Sign in to follow this