• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jean_quemener

Phase 1- 2 Dash Swap?

Jean_quemener

I have a mate who is wondering if the swaping the dash from phase 1 to 2 straight foward, his phase 1 dash is nackered and he would rather have a phase 2 dash, can this be a straight swap of is there alot of fiddeling about to be done, any input would be grate

thanks jean

Miles

You will need the complete heater assy as well, Other parts I'm just guessing arre different as I know they are on the 309 is the steering coloum and a couple of the mounting bracket's, but all this is easy to sort.

EnglishRob
I have a mate who is wondering if the swaping the dash from phase 1 to 2 straight foward, his phase 1 dash is nackered and he would rather have a phase 2 dash, can this be a straight swap of is there alot of fiddeling about to be done, any input would be grate

thanks jean

*shudders*

I did one of these a couple of years back the hard way. What I'd recommend is trying to get the wiring loom out of a Phase 2 car as well as the looms on a Phase 1 and Phase 1.5/2 car are different (I managed to match most of it up over two weeks reading through Haynes manuals but didn't manage it 100%).

Good luck, not something I'd want to attempt again myself but I guess it can't be any harder than fitting a 206 dash in a 205.

Rob

chris-stdt

Does anybody have anything more to add on this as ive been offerd to swap my 406 for a phase 1gti and parts of the dash are missing + i dont like the phase 1 dash tbh

Wouldnt have to be a phase 2 just which ever is easiest to swap over / get hold of

Any info would be greatly apprieciated

pugit666

i did this swap a couple of years ago although i left the indicator stalks as phase 1. the only problems i had was the heater. you need a wiring diagram for both models as there is an extra wire on one of them. If you can follow a wiring diagram you'll have no bother. the bonnet release handle doesn't really fit either so unless you change that too, it will just have to dangle down the side of the dash

chris-stdt

Thanks for the reply but the lad came round with the car today and the sills were rotten so i kindly suggested he took it away again :rolleyes: