• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie-Van-GTi

2.0 8v Extra Power?

Richie-Van-GTi

Just prepping up a 2.0 8v to drop into the battle bus ( 405 1.8 estate), can anyone think of anything I can do for peanuts to improve the performance in anyway? I know its never going to be blistering fast etc, I just want as many ponies as cheap as possible for towing etc. It will be running standard 2.0 8v managment and standard exhaust with cat. I was thinking maybe a 1.9 gti cam and injectors?

S13Nick

the dkz cam is a good upgrade, also been told a fse valve and more boost, those three together could take a few extra bhp

Richie-Van-GTi

its not the 2.0 turbo, just a 2.0 8v n/a engine :angry: , its my daily hack and engine carrier :blush:

carbers205

Youre not gonna get many free ponies out of this one mate, the D6B cam drops straight in and is a little lumpier than the weedy standard version but that is about it, esp if youre keeping standard exhaust system.

Injectors will have very little extra work with that cam so leave standard ones in.

If the head doesnt need to come off you cant do any porting/valve work and its not exactly cheap, if I were you just leave it!

Or you could be silly like me and make a 2045cc version with head AND valve work, D6B cam, stainless exhaust, lightened fly......but you would need a remap!

Andy

welshpug

bolt a 16v head on, MI16 estate <_<

its MP3.1 or similar isn't it? (no AFM) should respond well to the GTi cam, I would think the injectors would be pretty close in spec, if they were different it'd need the map altering to cope.

Miles

You could always Ebay the injector's as those special Black Group A one's!!

Richie-Van-GTi
You could always Ebay the injector's as those special Black Group A one's!!

PMSL, yeah and put the cam on as a special french tuniung company gti one as supplied by an english engine builder :)

Think I may just try a gti cam at some point. Took a bit too much work on now to mess around so will just build it up with fresh gaskets and seals etc ready to drop in.

As for quote re mi16 estate, I'll post a few pics of the 405 getting built at chris's, gti-6 405 :)

Sign in to follow this