• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
woodsy

Mi16 Head Advice

woodsy

Right guys i want some advice. I have my cylinder head removed from my mi16 motor as the hydraulics where knackered in it so thought may aswell remove head and get it played around with etc. Basically where is good place to send it too, iam thinking of changing cams in it and getting them 3 angle seats etc done.I have probably narrowed it done to either Skip browns (they use kent cams), hiflow heads or QEP which i quite like the sound of and have good reports.The motor is on twin 45's, lightened and balanced bottome end,4-2-1 manifold. My head has been skimmed twice in past so got another incase it cant be done again but the valves are bent so would have to be swapped over etc ( good ebay purchase haha).Any ideas would be great.

Richie-Van-GTi

sorry for blatant plug buit pm chris mi 16 (username not exact), he has an mi head with large valves, flowed with lairy piper cams in it that he will be selling :blush:

Batfink

get mark shillaber to do the head

DrSarty
get mark shillaber to do the head

Seconded :wacko: .

Not saying anyone else can't or won't do a good job, but he's the shizzle.

woodsy

thanks guys for replies, who is mark then? not sure to get pair of cams or just the inlet.When i spoke to qep they suggested a pair and had to grind away head to get lobes to fit as its on carbs can afford to get slightly wilder cams without sacrificing drivability too much.Skips use kent cams however cant imagine they would be that cheap really although do good work.

Sign in to follow this