• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sonofsam

Inboard Cv Joint Inner Spring

sonofsam

Just got my 309GTI drive shaft off to renew teh split boot only to find the inner spring completely mullered and in about 3 pieces :rolleyes:

Anyone know if you can buy these, or does anybody have one I can buy off them?!

It's a GKN shaft so I really want to save it!

Thanks all,

Sam.

swordfish210

Peugeot would be the only place. Unless someones got a wanked shaft and would split it to give you the spring.

steve@cornwall

Are these actually needed? not all shafts have them

sonofsam

Anyone got servicebox open (and knows how to use it :blush: ) mind grabbing me a part# if there is one! :o

sonofsam
Are these actually needed? not all shafts have them

Good question. Dont know what purpose it serves though, I nearly contemplated leaving it out :blush:

alync406

As far as i can see it does not show anything separate on servicebox just the complete shafts and the boots.

swordfish210
Good question. Dont know what purpose it serves though, I nearly contemplated leaving it out :blush:

keeps the inboard joint togeather, it would flop about like a nutbag without it and probably knacker the joint rather quickly.

sonofsam
As far as i can see it does not show anything separate on servicebox just the complete shafts and the boots.

Oh arse! But thanks for looking :blush:

May have to go to a spring manafacturer if I cannot find one on here then :o

sonofsam
keeps the inboard joint togeather, it would flop about like a nutbag without it and probably knacker the joint rather quickly.

Dont suppose you know how it's assembled inside the shaft do you? as in does the spring just sit in the cup one end and locate onto the shaft at the other?

swordfish210

the cup end of the spring goes on to the part of the shaft with the splined end (that holds the bearing on) If that makes any sense.

James Stewart
Dont suppose you know how it's assembled inside the shaft do you? as in does the spring just sit in the cup one end and locate onto the shaft at the other?

The spring pushes into a recess inside the cup (the outer part of the inboard joint which goes into the gearbox). The spring pulls out with a gentle tug.

Photo of cup without spring

James.

Sign in to follow this