• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
skinner2k3

Std 205 Rev Counter Vs Rev Limiter

skinner2k3

I am sure I have heard that the std rev limiter on 205's are not always the most accurate.

Having fitted carbs I have lost my ECU controlled rev limit so have bought a MicroDynamics RL4 limiter.

If I were to set the limiter to 6500 rpm but the rev counter told me it was coming in at say 7000rpm, which would you guys trust???

Its a std 1900 XU, what is the limit for these?

Cheers

Ben

welshpug

the limiter personally!

depends how often you see 7k, stockhatch cars regularly see 7.5 to 8k, 6200 IIRC is the stock Jetronic Limit, with Motronic being 6600 strangely (MP3.1, used in the ZX on the same D6B)

skinner2k3

Cheers fella, I thought that might be the case. I will probably set it to 6500 and play it safe. Not been on a RR yet so dont know where the power begins to fall off.

Some bigger chokes are going in tomorrow so will see if it pulls right up to the limit at 6500 and go from there. Not that I am planning on intentionally killing the motor :(

Cheers

Tom Fenton

Is the rev limit on Jetronic not different between the 16 and 19's? I'm sure my 1600 indicates far past 6200 before the limiter cuts in.

jackherer
Is the rev limit on Jetronic not different between the 16 and 19's? I'm sure my 1600 indicates far past 6200 before the limiter cuts in.

Yes more like 6800 or something with a 1.6.

The limiter should be more accurate but if its got a slightly bad earth or something it could easily see less RPM than the engine is turning and therefore doing its thing at higher revs than it is set to.

Sign in to follow this