• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
nick

306 Xsi Servo..

nick

I seem to have a bit of an intermitent problem with the brakes on the mi. It is on std brakes, with new discs and pads, new fluid, and braided hoses. I have the chance of getting the brakes from a 306xsi.... discs, calipers, m/c etc.... what I need to know is will the servo also fit? Thinking I might as well have the whole set-up while I'm at it.

I think it's either the master cylinder or servo that is playing up (done the usual test on the servo and it seems ok, but who knows...)

Cheers,

Nick

nick

No one know???

welshpug

what problems are you experiencing?!

I'm not 100% certain, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does fit, though I'm sure theyre bulkier than original 205 ones so may not be such a good idea with a valver.

jackherer

Right hand drive 205 GTIs have a smaller servo than LHD models so there are definitely some space issues.

nick

Ok, cheers lads, I'll have to have a measure up. My fuel filter has been moved so it might not be too tight now. The depth of it shouldn't be too much trouble as there is quite a bit of clearance on the cam cover and M/C.

Nick

Sign in to follow this