• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Subby

Nastyness In Oil Filler.

Subby

Just started changing my oil on the mi16, and i see this in the oil filler:

10092008003Medium.jpg

10092008Medium.jpg

It was worse but i wiped it off, and realised i should probaly check and make sure something isnt fubared

The engine runs fine, so shall i just continue with the oil change or ?

Any help would be appreciated

thanks.

Edited by Subby

24seven

it's normal to find mayo in there. if there's mayo in the water, that's a diffeernt story.

Subby

ok thats awesome.

Water seems fine, so thanks :lol:

NeilGTi85

I thought the same thing when I brought my first MI, give it a good run and it'll clear.

Neil

nick

The reason pugs in general do this is because the filler is remotely mounted and it's plastic, it doesn't get any heat to burn this crap off like a conventionally mounted (on top of the camcover) oil filler.

Nothing to worry about.

Nick

Stu

As above, mine gets really creamy after a few short drives, so long as theres nowt in the coolant and you arent using any it'll be fine.

After a few sessions at Combe over the weekend mine was clean as a whistle! :lol:

Ethos

I find I get this pretty bad too, infact sometimes if I take the pipe off from the throttle body to the oil filler off I actually get beads of water?

Mayo seems to build up fairly quickly, such an annoying design!

Stu

Yeah i do on occassion too, depends on how the car has been used really.

Mine is a little worse as ive got no gauze filter in my cap, so i daresay it'd be a little better if i had that in!

Miles

I'd change the tower or you'll get all the metal filter parts drop into the sump to get spun around the bearing's

tri_longer

Has anyone had a filler welded onto their cam cover? I have seen one for sale once on fleabay and was considering this as an option.

welshpug

some later XU10's and the DW9 have rocker cover mounted fillers

Edited by welshpug

Stu
I'd change the tower or you'll get all the metal filter parts drop into the sump to get spun around the bearing's

Was that for me Miles? It isnt that the filter has broken up and ended up down the tower, when i rebuilt the engine i cleaned all the breathers out and the gauze filter looked a little worse for wear, so as an intermediate step i removed it as i didnt want any particles finding their way into the fresh engine.

I just never got round to replacing it, and at £23.20 + vat for a new filler cap it *might* be a while before i replace it yet.. :)

jackherer
Was that for me Miles? It isnt that the filter has broken up and ended up down the tower, when i rebuilt the engine i cleaned all the breathers out and the gauze filter looked a little worse for wear, so as an intermediate step i removed it as i didnt want any particles finding their way into the fresh engine.

There is more of that gauze stuff under the filler neck.

Baz

And it's all crap... get rid!!

philfingers

My ducati gets milky in the oil level sight glass on short runs and it doesn't have any water in it anywhere (well apart from the battery) as it's oil cooled. given a long run it clears, but my pug never suffers from it!

Edp

My Mi does this. It gets really thick sometimes. I tend to give it a good thrash and that seems to clear most of it.

So is the only way to stop it by having a oil filler on the cam cover?

SeanO'Connor

Or go for a long run and get the engine warmed up properly, cars that are used mainly for shortr runs will suffer from this, as they are not getting warm enough to evaporate all the moisture from the engine.

Ethos

I just cleaned out the breathers on my mi, they were really milky!

Thing is gf just took it on a 30 minute drive... and I thrashed it last night :lol:

Sign in to follow this