• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
welshpug

2.0 405 Mi16 Wiring Queries

welshpug

Just been weeding out and re-arranging a 2.0 405 Mi16 wiring loom ready to go into a 205.

unfortunately I couldn't find a wiring diagram so I had to buzz through from the ecu to all the plugs, as well as from the double relay, made for slow progress but I've nearly got there.

I have a few wires I'm unsure of, caused by someone cutting through the loom near the large round multiplug, and also cutting off the 2 pin plug next to it (starter solenoid and dash coolant temp gauge) :D

wires I have spare are;

CC8, a yellow to pin 3 of the relay (pin 3 also has CC23 connected, ECU pin 27)

and secondly 2 wires from the VSS plug, 1624 Yellow from pin 3, and CC17 white from pin 1.

welshpug

I can't believe it!! after all the 405's that have been raped there's no wiring diagrams on the net :lol:

pug_ham

Can't help right now with the spare wires but the best wiring loom for the MP3.2 is from the ZX, the later 405 wiring diagrams are useless but you should be able to find the 405 haynes manual for download from somewhere. I'm sure I have or I wouldn't have it.

here is the ZX diagram for the XU10J4 MP3.2.

I'll have a look for ay more 405 diagrams I have later but tbh they tell you nothing imo.

Graham.

stuart.m

welshpug, ive got the 405 haynes manual as a pdf, if you pm me an email address ill send it over, although dont know if it will be of any use based on pugtorque's comments.

welshpug

I've done as Graham suggested and used the ECU pinouts for the ZX ecu to check all the plugs on the wiring loom.

as for the Relay that is a little different, Mine is as follows.

Pin1 - Red 124.

Pin2 - Blank, (internal connection to pin3)

Pin3 - CC8 and CC23, ECU Pin27

Pin4 - Blue 1217, ECU Pin37

Pin5 - Brown 1245, ACAV solenoid Pin2,

Pin6 - Grey 176, ICV Pin2

Pin7 - Green 1233, ECU Pin36

Pin8 - Red BB21, Shunt box.

Pin9 - White 120, Fuse, White 121, Fuel Pump.

Pin10 - Grey 1236 - ECU Pin3

Pin11 - Red - Shunt Box.

Pin12 - blank (internal connection to pin 14)

Pin13 - Red 1210, Injectors.

Pin14 - Brown BB27

Pin15 - Red BB22, Shunt Box.

so Pins 8, 11 and 15 are Perm Lives,

Pin 14 is the Ignition switched wire, pin 9 fuel pump.

so, wire 32a to pin14, and wire 76 to pin9.

got enough to get the beasty running <_<

Edit - I didnt get pinouts to the Large round plug at the time as half a dozen wires of similar colours had already been cut ;) some have got numbers still, I'll add the pinouts of this plug ASAP.

Edited by welshpug

welshpug

got that one thanks Richie, not much use I'm afraid :angry:

welshpug

So, I'm a bit stuck with a few wires as the car is an early P1.5, with the ignition coil wiring being separate to the engine wiring (as well as all the ancillary stuff)

Am I correct in thinking that from this lot -

th_PICT0054.jpg

all I need to use is the Rev counter feed wire.

from the Double relay I have one spare wire, a small yellow numbered CC8

th_PICT0053.jpg

from the single brown multiplug by the steering column, wire 46A, got the rest correct I believe.

th_PICT0055.jpg

from the VSS, 2 wires, Yellow 1624 from Pin 3, and White CC17 from Pin 1, I think I can disregard one as I'm sure it goes to the 405's instrument cluster, the other would be a power feed? if it is can I use CC8?

th_PICT0051.jpg

apologies for the deluge of questions :) but I haven't been able to find a proper diagram for this engine :)

Richie-Van-GTi
So, I'm a bit stuck with a few wires as the car is an early P1.5, with the ignition coil wiring being separate to the engine wiring (as well as all the ancillary stuff)

Am I correct in thinking that from this lot -

th_PICT0054.jpg

all I need to use is the Rev counter feed wire.

yes but the live wire is useful if your struggling elsewhere for aswitched live

from the Double relay I have one spare wire, a small yellow numbered CC8

Which pin does it run from? Its only going to be permanent live, switched live after relay or switched live before relay.

th_PICT0053.jpg

from the single brown multiplug by the steering column, wire 46A, got the rest correct I believe.

starter solenoid?

th_PICT0055.jpg

from the VSS, 2 wires, Yellow 1624 from Pin 3, and White CC17 from Pin 1, I think I can disregard one as I'm sure it goes to the 405's instrument cluster, the other would be a power feed? if it is can I use CC8?

1624 normally goes to a vss module, not sure this engine would of used one? the vss plugs are generally wired as pin 1 switched live, pin 2 earth and pin 3 signal. Not sure if that helps figure it out. re cc8 see my earlier reply :)

th_PICT0051.jpg

apologies for the deluge of questions :) but I haven't been able to find a proper diagram for this engine :(

welshpug

starter solenoid is separate on this car, its fed from the other side of the engine bay (its a very early P1.5, split engine loom but Tachy relay in the later position by the ECU) so still none the wiser about 46a :)

1624 does indeed go to the VSS, but where does the other end go :)

it is indeed from Pin 1, so it would be the live and CC8 is a Switched live (comes from Pin 3, same as CC23 which feeds the ECU) so I'll join them and see how it goes.

switched Live I've taken from 32A and run a fresh wire from under the dash along the egnine loom to the Relay (pin 14)

thanks for the reply Richie.

Richie-Van-GTi

you misunderstand, theres a VSS and a VSS module. You have a VSS but it would appear no module. Generally only found on the 2.0 turbo models so I suggest it goes nowehere other than its a signal wire maybe to the guages of a 405 with electronic speedo. Just insulate it. Whatever it is it wont stop the car running. If you get fueling issues (usually overfueling mid to high revs) then you may need the VSS module. Probably wont though as you would of found other wires by now coming from the ecu plug ;)

welshpug

ahh I see what you mean now, certainly not a VSS module on my ZX that used to use the same ECU, just the wiring is laid out differently.

shall insulate them ASAP ;)

cheers!

welshpug

hmm, got live to pin 14 of the relay from 32a, but no power at the coils, but I do at the injectors?!

(relay works, started my 405 fine with it)

spins over Fine, but I haven't touched that wire :P

welshpug

sorted, 32a should be connected to CC8 and pin 14 should get permanent live, primed and fired up though didn't want to idle, might have something to do with the lack of exhaust :P and some breathers not connected properly.

welshpug

th_IMAG0035.jpg

:P

Sign in to follow this