• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy F

Britax Sunroof

Andy F

Hi people

I am currently stripping my car to restore it and have just removed the sunroof (non Vacuum). The sliding mechanism is totally nakered. (Britax)

I have looked on the peugeot parts thingy but can only find parts for the tilting britax one not the sliding one. Does anyone have any ideas?

Also i wondered if anyone had any experience of welding a plate in and if it can look any good?

or is it worth buying the new roof panel from a non sunroof as its about £180 on peugeot?

Thanks

DamirGTI

If it's sliding Britax sunroof then it's not an OE fitment :lol: .. i have factory fitted Britax sunroof but these ones are "pop up" type , like this one :

http://www.stuartmcguire.co.uk/pug/GB/205F/8/84A10A.HTM

Could ask at some autoglass shop/garage for spare parts for this precise type of sunroof :( (you should be able to read a code stamped on the sunroof glass which indicates Britax model/type ..) , they usually have various spares for servicing - window seals , sealing stripes , mirror glass , sunroof spares etc.

Rgs ! B)

Damir

miamigtimark

I posted about these around 18 months ago and was given some leads for parts. It closley resembles the sliding peugeot roof but sits higher.Mine doesnt work either. How rare are these?? Anyone

Pob
I posted about these around 18 months ago and was given some leads for parts. It closley resembles the sliding peugeot roof but sits higher.Mine doesnt work either. How rare are these?? Anyone

I know it's digging up a old posts but I had a Britax sunroof on my last 205. It was a winder mechanism, I think this is the one that is being talked about here. When I got it, it was totally jammed up. The winder was stuck solid but I managed to get it working again.

To fix it, I removed the sunroof totally and it was pretty clear why it has siezed. Inside the sunroof there is a length of rope with basically a spring wrapped around it. When you wind the handle the cog on the handle pulls the 'rope' The reason for siezing is from rust build up on the rope/spring and the runners for the glass. Alot of WD40 and working it back and forwards and a few taps with a hammer on the runners will free it off.

Dan

johnnyboy666

o that brings back memories of my first 205 :P i did the exact same thing with aboot a can of wd40!

miamigtimark

Mine is still on the car for the moment. Ive bought a factory fit vacum sunroof off a scrapper (angle ground the whole roof off at the pillars) and ill be grafting it onto the car soon. If anyone wants parts off the britax PM me and when i do the deed ill be back in touch.