• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
andychalmers

Filter Choice For 150mm Trumpets

andychalmers

What filter choice would you reccomend for 150mm trumpets, S16 Engine in 205 with 45mm Jenvey TB's?

The trumpets come halfway through what would of been the slam panal (now just a bar) but have ok clearance around.

I have a big long bonnet scoop so dont want to use K&N as no air intake at the front.

Pipercross do a 600 range filter which sounds good.

Where can I get a pipercross precut base plate for a S16 on 45mm Jenveys?

Does anyone do like a 50mm spacer or airbox baseplate so the standard pipercross filter will fit? internal length is 125mm

cheers in advance.

16v205

Jenvey make a fibreglass backplate which is 50mm deep meaning youd need a 125mm deep filter. Its not precut so you'll need to make a cardboard template and holesaw the backplate but its easy enough. It struggles to fit under a 205 bonnet though on a 16v engine with a jenvey/longmans inlet manifold.

Ive also used both pipercross and ITG filters and the ITG ones feel much better made and are much stiffer in comparison, im using a pipercross PX27-C604D as it has 125mm internal depth on my 90mm trumpets.

Can you pop a picture of your bonnet scoop up please or email it me? Im about to build one for my car and would be interested in how youve done yours.

Cheers,

Rich

andychalmers

Cheers Rich, that sounds the best idea. I'll post some pics up soon of the scoop etc.

Sign in to follow this