• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rob Turbo

Intake Temperature Display Idea

Rob Turbo

Would it be ok to tap into the standard intake temperature sensor in the throttle body of the 2.0 turbo engine to use as a temperature display or will it interfere with the signal to the ecu?

My idea is to replace the digital clock in the 306 with a clock/outside temp display from a later 306 but tap into the intake temp sensor instead of adding an outside temp sensor, I only need to know the intake temps while I'm playing with a jigsaw on the front bumper and possibly adding an intercooler spray jobbie.

Thanks,

Rob

mrswampy
Would it be ok to tap into the standard intake temperature sensor in the throttle body of the 2.0 turbo engine to use as a temperature display or will it interfere with the signal to the ecu?

My idea is to replace the digital clock in the 306 with a clock/outside temp display from a later 306 but tap into the intake temp sensor instead of adding an outside temp sensor, I only need to know the intake temps while I'm playing with a jigsaw on the front bumper and possibly adding an intercooler spray jobbie.

Thanks,

Rob

Ive thought of doing it similar but by sumhow fitting the mirror mountd sensor in to the intake tract then extending the wires to display the read out on the dash

Rob Turbo

I did think of doing it that way but then you end up with needing to securely mount the sensor somehow without any leaks, which I'm not too keen on.

Another option is something like a cossie air temp sensor which screws in but I'm not sure if the correct temp would be displayed (same problem with the standard sensor in the throttle body)

Rob Turbo

Hmmm, that'll do nicely!!

Thanks for the link,

Rob

stuart.m

That kit CosKev linked to does indeed look good, bookmarked as ive had plans like this before :lol: It would be possible to tap into the signal from the original sensor im sure, probably not a good idea though, and tbh I wouldnt trust its accuracy at all.

Rob Turbo

Any ideas on how to order from R&B Motorsport? There's nothing about ordering on the site and I sent them an email yesterday and havn't had a reply yet.

Thanks,

Rob

CosKev

Did you try ringing?

Landline Phone: +44(0)1508 557 822

Mobile Phone: +44(0)7771 91 22 91

I'll PM Mike on a ford forum hes allways on :(

CosKev
Any ideas on how to order from R&B Motorsport? There's nothing about ordering on the site and I sent them an email yesterday and havn't had a reply yet.

Thanks,

Rob

PM'ed Mike and he said hes not received any E-mail m8 :(

Rob Turbo
PM'ed Mike and he said hes not received any E-mail m8 :(

Hmmm, I'll resend it then, and check the address!

Edit: I've just checked the address and can't have got it wrong, I just clicked the email link on the site, sent it again anyhoo!

Edited by Rob Turbo

CosKev
Hmmm, I'll resend it then, and check the address!

Edit: I've just checked the address and can't have got it wrong, I just clicked the email link on the site, sent it again anyhoo!

Hes still not received either E-Mail :)

Might be best off ringing him m8 ;)

Rob Turbo
Hes still not received either E-Mail <_<

Might be best off ringing him m8 ;)

Yeah I guessed he hadn't got it, been a couple of days since the last one and still no reply, either the site has the wrong email address or his email account doesn't like gmail!

I might give him a ring when I'm not busy, or hunt ebay, I'm not overly bothered about getting one anymore, more bothered about sorting the sh!te suspension!!

Spiky

i had one of them on my cossie

i bought a few things from mike, his service is better than any other company i have delt with.

ring him up, order and you usually get it next day

awesome service, his after sales service is top notice too <_<

his active on www.passionford.com ;)

and his profile on there is

http://passionford.com/forum/member.php?u=60

CosKev
i had one of them on my cossie

i bought a few things from mike, his service is better than any other company i have delt with.

ring him up, order and you usually get it next day

awesome service, his after sales service is top notice too :D

his active on www.passionford.com :D

and his profile on there is

http://passionford.com/forum/member.php?u=60

Your not wrong :lol:

But no need to kiss his 'ass that much!!!!! :P:(

Spiky

as you mike too

he likes it too much, so there is no way i want to get anywhere near that arse... :(

Sign in to follow this