• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ethos

Removing Rubber Between Bumper + Headlight

Ethos

Hi guys,

Sure I read somewhere that you can remove the rubber strip under the headlight on the bumper to aid more airflow to the air filter.

Anyone done this?

Can't see it working myself and surely if you're driving in the wet loads of water will get all up in there?!! :blush:

jackherer
Sure I read somewhere that you can remove the rubber strip under the headlight on the bumper to aid more airflow to the air filter.

You probably read it in the fitting instructions with a K&N 57i kit, either that or someone was repeating it on here.

taylorspug

And it will make the front end of the car look jank as it will highlight the gap between the bumper and headlight.

pug_ham

Remove them??

Mine doesn't have them anymore, they just fell off when removing headlights etc but I doubt the ~1/4" gap they cover would actually allow a noticable extra amount of airflow to benefit make a difference.

Sounds like a Lax Bowels type idea. :blush:

Graham.

Ethos

Like I said, can't see it making any difference!

Just always on the look out for free quick tweaks, :blush:

Miles

Remove the lower panel that blocks the rad up, not that it helps the air fed but will aid cooling on the move

dirtdog

dont remove the slots. But behind that there is a blanking piece which if you havent removed..isn't letting any through

EDIT also..I chopped off the little piece on the grille(passenger side)

Edited by dirtdog

Ethos
dont remove the slots. But behind that there is a blanking piece which if you havent removed..isn't letting any through

EDIT also..I chopped off the little piece on the grille(passenger side)

Cool, I will take a look at that later.

Steve has leant me some driving lights so the front looks a bit more complete now!

craig f90

Ive done exactly the same. Might help?

Sign in to follow this