• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
TaffyTim

Judder At High Speeds

TaffyTim

My breaks are making me scratch my head a bit. Ive got discs at the front and drums at the rear. A few months ago i had new discs pads, drums, shoes and fluid.

I did have a pair of callipers to go on when i got this work done, but the bloke who fixed them didnt need to use them. Shortly after i got the car back i felt as if the front o/s brake was binding but didnt do anything about it :)

Around town the breaks work fine, although i've had to adjust the hand break adjuster in between the front seats to almost maximum to get the handbrake to activate at a reasonable level.

My main problem is when breaking from 70mph the car judders like anything, and it never used to do this. As said around town they are ok and breaking from 30mph is smooth. What could be causing this?

MiamiGus

Warped discs?, they can warp very easily if you used lesser quality ones. Bushes lower arm and track rod ends with play. Any of these i'd try.

Edited by MiamiGus

Sign in to follow this