• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rob Turbo

Reccomend Me A Clutch Kit

Rob Turbo

When I fitted the turbo engine I used a brand new ebc clutch kit (215mm, pull type), it was fine until a couple of weeks ago when it started to slip a bit, never really felt it slip, but it didn't half stink! Now I've fitted an xsi cam it's started slipping a lot more,it was rr'd at 198bhp and 205ft/lb before I fitted the cam and I've also upped the boost a bit since then, so what would be a good clutch to go for? Bearing in mind it's a road car and my daily drive at the minute, and will be for a while by the looks of things!

Thanks,

Rob

evojay71

I'd maybe think of going for a spring paddle clutch,although my motor is a standard 1900 using a 1600 box with a quaffe diff and it does have a bollocking on night events. I've got a helix spring paddle in it and had no issues at all and the bite is like a standard plate. I had an organic techniclutch kit in it and I've had to adjust the cable on events as its got hot but I'm still using the techniclutch pressure plate at the mo.

Rob Turbo

Would you reccomend going for a full clutch or just get a spring paddle plate and keep the standard cover?

What's it like for slow moving traffic? I was under the impression paddle clutches wore out very quickly if you used it mainly for day to day driving?

Thanks,

Rob

evojay71

I'd go for the compete kit for piece of mind,mine has the feel more like a standard clutch,its the ridgid paddle plates are the ones to avoid if your using your car as a daily driver,to fierce to live with. This is my recommendation is on what I've experienced with mine but whatever you decide to do,go for a good quality kit.

saveloy

I use, and have always used Helix clutches. At the moment I use an 215mm Mi16 organic plate and cover in my 205 TT. 240 lb/ft torque and no problems.

With your level of torque and it being a daily driver, I think it best to fit a complete organic plate kit.

Miles

Must agree with Sav, I run Helix in all my car's and allot of customer's car's with all good reports back

Sign in to follow this