• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Miles

A Topic Of What Bigger Brakes Would Fit A Gentry

Miles

I know this is a daft one, But I'd thought I'd start this and see what sugestion's I would get, Please don't add 'Don't bother' :)

Basically I'm looking at some bigger brakes for the old Girl manly for look's as stopping power of the Auto isn;t really a problem as top speed isn;t high by any mean's and it's got some 16's on it now.

I can't swap the 1.6 hub's that I know of, but I havn;t really looked into it but I know the Driveshafts are funny length's, Not quite a 1.6 or 1.9 GTi type or I would change it all over to 1.9 front end, The choice of changing to a Manual isn;t there either as the mrs's drives it most of the time.

So....

Anthony

You sure you can't just swap it over to base model hubs, as in theory any driveshaft that fits a 1.6 hub should fit a base model hub? That would allow you any brake upgrades that'll fit 1.9 hubs whilst retaining the existing driveshafts....

James_R

6 calipers and then get some bells made up to space some rotors approptiately :)

taylorspug
You sure you can't just swap it over to base model hubs, as in theory any driveshaft that fits a 1.6 hub should fit a base model hub? That would allow you any brake upgrades that'll fit 1.9 hubs whilst retaining the existing driveshafts....

What he said. :)

Miles

hmm, Brembo's here we come in that case, None of these poncy 6 Caliper's!! they weigh as much as the car (Almost)

Alastairh

25 KG actually with the discs and pads :lol:

Matt Holley
25 KG actually with the discs and pads :blink:

Really :o I knew they weighed a bit but not that much, lighter brakes needed for mine then :lol:

James_R

1.9 calipers with decent pads in will last out fine in a stripped 205, never had issues with mine so far on DS2500 pads front and premier rears :lol:

And you can get galfer or alike 2 piece bells/rotors to make them even lighter.

tom_m
And you can get galfer or alike 2 piece bells/rotors to make them even lighter.

after re-mortgageing your house :lol:

Sign in to follow this