• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
matty_gti

I Don't Know My 'clarion' Radio Code?

matty_gti

Hi, as in the title, ive got an old-skool clarion head unit and i don't know the security code for it?.

Any help?.

Matt

holland_gt
Hi, as in the title, ive got an old-skool clarion head unit and i don't know the security code for it?.

Any help?.

Matt

Found mine on a business card inside the owners manual. Try a audio shop for decoding if not??

Pugnut

try : 4679

Sorry, i just had to !!

i retreived mine many many moons ago from the main dealer that the car came from . but that was when my j reg was 5 years old roughly . That was the only way to retreive it back then. I guess if you know which garage it was bought from and its still under the same ownership then your in with a very slim chance.

have you taken it out ? good chance its written on it (stupid but common) and have a good look through the cars documentation and user manual etc if you havent already.

Al

large

pull it out and have a look to see if it is on the radio. :o:)

matty_gti
try : 4679

:o You had me then!.

Ive taken it out and had a good look over it and through the cars history but nothing, any ideas how much an audio shop would want to decode it?, Im guessing more that the radios worth! :)

Matt

jonnygoodhand

I remember reading something about the last 4 digits of the serial number. Something along the lines of, add 1 to the 1st number, 2 to the 2nd and so on.

So, 1111 would become 2345. Never tried it though...

EDIT: Here we go.. http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.ph...3&page=last

Worth a try

Edited by jonnygoodhand

SPGTi

pm me your email and I will send some "help".

steve

Alan_M
pm me your email and I will send some "help".

steve

Could you send that to me too, I have an original Clarion stereo that is locked out too.

Phil H

Do what I did...start at 1111 and keep going in one digit increments until i works. Took me about two hours and the number was 5451, so if I started at the top end and worked down, I would have done it in 6 attempts. Just have to hold down the BND button to clear the dud code each time.

SPGTi
Could you send that to me too, I have an original Clarion stereo that is locked out too.

I need your email address to send some files to.

The other requesters, did the files help ????

Steve

Super Josh

I'm not sure yet, Steve. I tried to wire my stereo up to a bench power supply to enter the code, but must have got the wiring wrong as the unit switched on but the display doesn't light up :ph34r:

Josh

Phil H

Take the cover off the top, take a photo of the inside and mail it to Paul Heggs (205turbo), I think he can read the cose from the chip. Perhaps best to contact him first for the exact procedure.

Alan_M

Steve

Alan.Mees@Tiscali.co.uk

Thanks

matty_gti

Steve

Ive tried the help you gave me and i have a cpuple of codes however they have the no 9 in them where the buttons on the radio are 1234 and 5?.

Matt

matty_gti

Anyone :D ....

Rupertfinch

I once bought one of those radio decoder programmes on ebay. No clue if it works, but I'll give it a go. Do you know the model of the clarion headunit?

Mark.

dch1950

Any help?.

Matt

Hi Matt,

An old trick used by car dealers/salemen was to spray the the Cmos chip (where the code is stored) with freeze spray - that stuff used by plumbers.The chip then resets and the radio will take any code you enter.JUst don't forget it though.

This might help.

regards

Dave

SPGTi
Ive tried the help you gave me and i have a cpuple of codes however they have the no 9 in them where the buttons on the radio are 1234 and 5?.

Matt

Are you sure you enter the numbers like that ? I am sure when I had a 306 with the std clarion head unit you used 1 button to scroll from 0-9 and another to set the number.

steve

Phil H

I hooked up one to 12v in my lounge once and kept entering the numbers until I got lucky. 5451 was the code and I started at 1111, 1112, 1113, 1114, 1115, 1121, 1131 etc etc. Oh the joy !

Sign in to follow this