• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Retro Pug

Brake Judder

Retro Pug

When braking, especially at higher speeds I get quite a lot of brake judder.

I tried pulling the handbrake up while moving which vibrated so I changed the drums and shoes and while I was in there the brake cylinders.

The judder remained.

So I changed the front discs pads and calipers, still no joy!

I swapped the wheels around back to front and this seemed to cure it for a while but it has slowly returned!

Could it be the wheels? This is realy anoying now?

Rich_p

Have you had the wheels on a balancing machine to make sure one of the tyres hasn't gone out of shape?

Edited by Rich_p

Retro Pug
Have you had the wheels on a balancing machine to make sure one of the tyres hasn't gone out of shape?

No, have thought about it though.

Would it not affect acceleration also though?

NeilGTi85

I've currently got the same problem, I've been told it could be warped disk's, steering rack, wheel balancing\bearing's.....etc

I'm going to see a friend of mine tommorow to get my new toyo's on and get my CV's done as there is a clicking on full lock which I suspect is my CV's.

Will let you know my finding's :D

Neil

Retro Pug
Will let you know my finding's :D

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

Retro Pug
I've currently got the same problem, I've been told it could be warped disk's, steering rack, wheel balancing\bearing's.....etc

I'm going to see a friend of mine tommorow to get my new toyo's on and get my CV's done as there is a clicking on full lock which I suspect is my CV's.

Will let you know my finding's :ph34r:

Neil

Did you have any luck?

NeilGTi85
Did you have any luck?

Hello,

Yeah I did, I was tring to find this post before you replyed!

In my case it is my brake disk's that have warper (GTi 6 set-up), also found that a track rod end was gone and both my CV joints.

He did say it could be the track rod end that was wobberling under braking.....but also my disk's were a definite.

I'm having the parts fitted soon and hopefully it should cure my problem....will let you know

Cheers

Neil

Retro Pug
He did say it could be the track rod end that was wobberling under braking.....but also my disk's were a definite.

I'm having the parts fitted soon and hopefully it should cure my problem....will let you know

Cheers

Neil

Nice one, I'll check the track rod end too.

Cheers for the reply, hope yours is sorted soon.

Edited by Retro Pug

Sign in to follow this