• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
martin81

Idle And Perfomance, 205 Cti?

martin81

I have a 1,9 cti, and my plans are to put on a xu10 head(inlet port matched), and a fast road cam...

i've found a piper 285, but how will it run and perform.

i've been told to put the ignition a few notches back to avoid detonation.

and i expect it to idle about 1000-1100 rpm's

any experience??

Martin

martin81

nobody at all

Henry Yorke

Not having done this specifically, but I know you need quite a big skim on the head to get the compression down. This puts your timing out, so you need a vernier pully to adjust the cam timing too. I am not sure how the Jetronic system will cope with this modification too (1.9 CTI runs an Jetronic ECU ending in 345 and a matched air flow meter compared to the 1.9 GTI which has motronic)

martin81
Not having done this specifically, but I know you need quite a big skim on the head to get the compression down. This puts your timing out, so you need a vernier pully to adjust the cam timing too. I am not sure how the Jetronic system will cope with this modification too (1.9 CTI runs an Jetronic ECU ending in 345 and a matched air flow meter compared to the 1.9 GTI which has motronic)

It's been skimmed, but only to level it.. I'm confused about the c/r because if you put a XU head on a normal GTI, which has a c/r at 9,6, then with the xu10head on it would be at about c/r 12.

But the CTI(Rallye) engine runs with a c/r at 8,3 or so, because of different head and(forgot the word in English, but those inside the cylinders, that creates compression)

So by putting on the xu10 head, you'll gain some c/r but not as much as a GTI, because you'll still have the different(same word)

I'll reckon the c/r will be at about 10-11, and that its still controllable.(It's been done without a big skim) :)

But thanks :)

I'm more in to experience with the cam itself.. How it runs and performs...

Henry Yorke

I know when 28Craig put an XU10 head onto a GTI engine, he had to skim a lot off the head (1.2mm seems to ring a bell), in order to get the compression ratio down to a level that performance will be increased. Have a search around the forum as it was a common mod not that long ago.

28CRAIG

I skimed 1.6mm from my head to get a C/R of around 10.6 not sure of the dome volume on the 1.9 cti pistons but it would be a little higher. I am going to build a new engine and going back to the old xu9 head that was ported and polished as even with a vernier pully i have had to retard the ignition timing right off and the engine just feels very flat and it still pinks in a high gear going up hill.

martin81
I skimed 1.6mm from my head to get a C/R of around 10.6 not sure of the dome volume on the 1.9 cti pistons but it would be a little higher. I am going to build a new engine and going back to the old xu9 head that was ported and polished as even with a vernier pully i have had to retard the ignition timing right off and the engine just feels very flat and it still pinks in a high gear going up hill.

How can it be higher on a cti.. It's 8,4 on cti and 9,6 on gti... the xu10 head increases c/r, so naturally it would increase even more on a gti rather than on the cti.. Or what?

Sign in to follow this