• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rich_p

Custom Springs For 309 Track Car

Rich_p

Right I am about to get some 200lb springs made up for the front of the 309 track car.

Is it worth getting them made any lower than the car currently is? (ignore the rear that will be reset to match the fronts when the springs are on.)

I'm thinking maybe another 20mm or so lower than it is currently, so the arch sits just above the tyre?

The car is not used daily so ground clearance isn't really an issue.

I need to get the current springs sent to them (Faulkner) to help them make the new ones, alternatively has anyone had any made up that they could supply me with specs for?

I'm assuming springs for a 205 will give a similar effect on a stripped 309?

post-11873-1219156418_thumb.jpg

welshpug

what torsion bars are you running?

Rich_p

Currently standard late 309gti bars, 21mm I think. Thats why I'm not going crazy with the front spring rate. I may uprate the ARB though.

brianthemagical

If you start lowering the front too much it'll affect the roll centres and the section of the camber curve the suspension opperates in. So basicaly it depends on what suspension components you're running.

If you measure the spring length at ride height then that should help no end in determining how the springs need to be made.

Batfink

watch out that you dont get such short springs that they dont seat in the spring pan.

Sign in to follow this