• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

Tyre Stretch ?

djinuk

I have a 205 with the 1.9 speedlines, i have clearance issues and i am currently using 195/45/15 tyres, i want to perform a tyre stretch, not as severe as the dub boys , but just enough to pull the walls of the tyre in to give me the clearance form the outer arch, anybody any idea on what size tyre.

similar to this

th_DSC01042-1.jpg

Jrod

Didn't know you were gay?

welshpug

:blink:

are you having clearance problems at the rear? if so then its likely your rear beam is shot as nearly everyone runs 195's on the 1.9 speedline rims with no problems.

S13Nick

ive never seen a 205 with streched tyres, would be interesting to see tho

pug_ham

What rear beam have you got fitted?

Even if you've got a 309 beam on & it still isn't clearing then its only a case of trimming the plastic arch inner lip with a sharp stanley knife to get clearance or leaving it & it'll gradually wear away so its clear.

Graham.

djinuk

Its a 205 xs, so has the smaller rear arches, & no plastic trim, should of made that clear , sorry. It has a large drop , and has clearance issues when on rough surface, now thats not that often , but i need to fit new tyres anyway, so i thought maybe now would be a ideal time to look at stretched tyres to pull in the side walls.

I personally think large stretches on vw's look awesome, not my kinda thing but i do admire them for the styling.

paul205mi16

That VW does look very nice, Wonder what it handels like?Nice tho!

welshpug

try fitting the correct factory size for that rim, i.e 185 55 15

boldy205

God damn, you shouldnt post pics of VWs like that!! Makes me want a Corrado!!

As for the rubbing, i too had a XS with 1.9 speedlines and 195/45/15s and after alot of arch bashing never did TOTALY do away with it. Lots of people told me they ran the same setup with no probs, justa a bit of a grey area TBH. So as Welshpug says, try the 185s.

DaveW

You would have to run 165/50s not sure if the speedline rims are wide enought for stretching tyres on

djinuk

ok i think im going to see if i can get a 185/45/15 fitted

welshpug

185 45 dont exist according to Blackcircles :(

you should use 55, its the width that's the problem not the profile.

GTI6BOY

i have 185/55/14s on my rallye and they rub so you will still have trouble

djinuk

its width and profile thats the problem , its only slightly rubbing, but i can be a perfectionist .

here is the car in question, ignore the gti badge, was on it when i brought it , now replaced with xs stuff.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y98/djinuk/djinuk1.jpg?t=1219084675

in that pic it actualyl appears to show more room than there actually is in the rear arch

brianthemagical

As i side note, i have a drifting friend who uses 195/50 15's. On a 9J rim. It does handle quite well though.

205Rallee

I run 175 50 13 or 195 45 13 on a 7" Peugeot Talbot Sport Speedline rim and the 175's look quite stretched, handles well and doesn't touch the inner or outer arches on a Euro Rallye 205 even with a very low ride height.

djinuk
:lol: pleased to see some more positive answers, well i will try it out and i can report my findings

Sign in to follow this