• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
malyso

Something Missing !

malyso

There's definately something missing here and letting a proper flood into the car? Any pics of what should be there or better still anyone got on spare?

Image032.jpg

johnnyboy666

isnt that the bit where the blower thingys suck the air from? there shouldbe some sort of filter/cover i think? should be a few quid from the scrappy

malyso

Yeah thats the one, looks like a drying machine connection at the moment...

jord294

yep. your skuttle panel is missing.

i have a good condition one here. or as 'johnnyboy666' says. available from the scrappy

malyso

I've taken off the top black panel can't see where another one would go, you sure there's 2?

M@tt

the scuttle panel is supposed to be tucked up under the window seal rubber, make sure when you refit yours you get it poked up underneath it otherwise all rain water will go straight down into the fan

Paintguy
the scuttle panel is supposed to be tucked up under the window seal rubber, make sure when you refit yours you get it poked up underneath it otherwise all rain water will go straight down into the fan

Which can be a pig of a job to do...

M@tt

aye, you need a small flat balde screwdriver to help roll the lip out the way and flick it up over tricky bits

Arahan

Does he not mean the big circle shaped hole?? Thats the impression i got when i read it....

malyso

Yes the big circle shaped hole, there must be a cover or vent that fits over it surely. I don't have a problem witht the scuttle panel that goes right across the top.

Arahan

I thought so! Thought it was me being abit mental for a minute then! Ha! Err, whats normally there, vacuum sunroof thingy I think? Is yours a non sunroof? Or has the sunroof been removed?

GLPoomobile

Nothing is supposed to be there. It's an open hole and has a flap inside which closes when you turn the heater direction control to the closed position. The scuttle panel should have a shielded section on it that stops water ingress from above.

James Stewart

It doesn't look like you are missing anything to me. If there was a cover over the hole how would the blower draw air...?

There is a rubber seal which runs round the lip of the hole and looks similar to the tailgate seal. That looks to be in place, but taped up too. It must be taped up for a reason, so you might want to pick a replacement up from a scrappy.

With the seal in place and the scuttle fitted as described above it shouldn't leak.

James.

Paintguy
Does he not mean the big circle shaped hole?? Thats the impression i got when i read it....

I got that impression too, and as has been said there isn't anything that covers that hole directly, but the plastic scuttle panel directs water away from that hole if fitted as per Matt's post.

Kobayashi

nothing missing here.

this is how it looks without all that duct tape:

innenbelftungr1y.jpg

so, just some rubber trim to stop the vent being flooded, but no cover.

the white thing is just the shutter.

however, it seems like there is an optional filter for this system (i was said that there is earlier one, too, so check yours first), but i have not tried it yet.

i'm interested in this, because i find it a bit odd to have leaves or snow blown into my face when driving...

e3cd_1.JPG

"Champion N104", that would be.

Sign in to follow this