• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
applemobile

S16 Conversion

applemobile

I have searched teh forum constantly for this but can find anything in specific! every i post i fing just says ''search the forum'' lol. And unfortunately it wont just let you search for S16!

Anyway, to the point, im wondering what wiring i will have to do to get my s16 conversion running, i read about thei ''brown multi plug?' is this the only thing that i need to change? and where shoudl it be, most of my loom is made of spade connecters! Any threads that contain this info would be bery well recieved, or is someone could show me a diagram or explain what parts need chopping and changing. Cheers.

Ethos

Hi mate, these are the brown multiplug connectors you'll need to modify;

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?a...ost&id=3392

If you follow the engine loom into the bulkhead on the other side will be the ecu cable and these two plugs.

I cut mine off the original 8v loom with plenty of slack... see;

joinloom.jpg

Then you'll need to join these cables to the cables on your s16 loom. I used some connectors from halfords which are a crimp and then you heat them up to heatshrink around the cable (seem good so far).

1.jpg

Edited by Ethos

applemobile

thank you my frined, you have saved me a lot of hassle!!

Ethos

No problems, if you need to know anything else i'll try and help. I'm hardly a pro ha...

:blink:

applemobile

cheers, this was teh only part i been worried about. i pick up the engine tommoro, so work begins then!

Para

Good luck with , s16 it's a great engine for converson

Sign in to follow this