• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
shalmaneser

Bumpers

shalmaneser

Hi guys.

The time has come to start thinking about what to do to my bumpers. the current state can be seen below...

DSC00672.jpg

DSC00679.jpg

She's come out nice and shiny (pics are crap but she looks good) after a clay and wax, but the bumpers obviously need some attention. I don't really want to spend my life back to blacking them, so I'd rather spray them and have it done.

As she's a phase 1.5, what colour are the bumpers? grey or black - I'd rather keep her original (looking).

Also got new tyres - can you believe the rears and spare (unused) were OE - the guy @ the tyre shop said the production date was '89!!!!!

jord294

i bought some 'Upol Plast X Dark Grey Bumper Paint PEUGEOT' from

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Car-Spares

i received it this morning, and i am very happy with the colour match :(

they said they also do black, which would suit the phase 2 205 gti

Edited by jord294

Last Legend

1.5 bumpers should be grey,I would check out some Black WOW.

Pug_101

^^^ Unless you've got a spare kidney to sell I would try Raceglaze colour enhance and see what that can do.

Send me your address and I'll send you a sample.

chocolate_o_brian

having just read through this thread, what is the best way to spray the trimmings?

could you leave them on and masking tape the car up? or do you take all trimmings off, spray then re-fit? if so, how :ph34r:

platty

Id remove the trims personally. Would make the all important preperation easier IMO. Most important thing is to get the surface clean and free from silicon/grease, and keyed.

timmsy19
having just read through this thread, what is the best way to spray the trimmings?

could you leave them on and masking tape the car up? or do you take all trimmings off, spray then re-fit? if so, how :ph34r:

http://205gtidrivers.com/articles.php?data=m-trimrefurb

did this myself a couple of weeks ago. comes up a treat. alot of the clips are re-useable just be gental with them. the only ones you might need to buy are the metal anti rattle clips for the trim

shalmaneser
http://205gtidrivers.com/articles.php?data=m-trimrefurb

did this myself a couple of weeks ago. comes up a treat. alot of the clips are re-useable just be gental with them. the only ones you might need to buy are the metal anti rattle clips for the trim

My local pug garage wasn't able to get these for me - apparently they're not produced any more? Any alternative suppliers?

Thanks for the responses guys.

jimistdt
My local pug garage wasn't able to get these for me - apparently they're not produced any more? Any alternative suppliers?

Try THIS fella, he's got the lot. :)

jord294

your local garage is useless then!!

try another dealer, and give them part number 6994.44, and see what they say

any problems, just let us know. as i, and other forum members don't seem to have any problems getting them :)

jord294

your local garage is useless then!!

try another dealer, and give them part number 6994.44, and see what they say

any problems, just let us know. as i, and other forum members don't seem to have any problems getting them :)

timmsy19

this link you mean jim?

http://www.peugeotparts.co.uk/page4.htm

i got the white front arch pins via pug but i was abe to re-use the rest. as said above though they are still made as i enquires about the whole lot but cant remember the price now.

front arch pins where about £4.23 inc vat for 10. winner!

Edited by timmsy19

shalmaneser

thanks for the link. My local pug dealer is normally pretty good, he showed me the part listed as not available on service box (if that's what the pug dealers use).

Will get in contact with that guy.

Sign in to follow this