• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mercury

Rough Idle?

Guest PugHalvor
Any help? :)

Does it run nice now ?

I have a similar problem, and want to get rid of it =p

RINRIN

Yes it really helped but you need to do such adjustments at the same time.

Clean throttle, check for leaks. adjust CO level, adjust stop screw, adjust idle screw and adjust TPS

Alteran

Going back to the original question namely cleaning the throttle body, has anyone ever used brake fluid? Not brake cleaner, brake fluid. We seem to be cleaning a lot of throttle bodies where i work and brake fluid seems to really eat into the carbon and cr@p stuck to the body. I took the TPS off mine and submerged the whole throttle body in brake fluid. Came in the next morning and using a toothbrush, (A spare, not the one i use in my mouth....) brushed all the crud away! Minty fresh! It was absolutely pristine when i had finished. Just in case anyone had trouble getting theirs spottless.

humanz
Ok, I adjusted the TPS. First I dismantle it and check the resistances and both is OK and I put it back and made the "cit" adjustment

What's the "cit" adjustment?

Clean throttle, check for leaks. adjust CO level, adjust stop screw, adjust idle screw and adjust TPS

I've cleaned up my throttle, and checked for leaks. I know how to adjust the air volume adjustment screw, but I'm not sure on the other adjustments (TPS and CO level).

Edit:

Had a quick read thru my Haynes. Adjusting the throttle switch stop screw involves a feeler blade. But it says to loosen the two throttle switch screws. Would these be the screws that hold the throttle switch to the throttle?

Edited by humanz

Fearon

I have the exact same problem.....

Clean the TB, reconnect everything, adjusted the brass screw till it was fully wound down, and idels at 1400......

Whats the other things i need to do TPS and CO, and how can i do this...

Sign in to follow this