• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pete1986

How Do Autofive Bumper Clips Fit On?

pete1986

I ordered a few things from Autofive and a new front bumper from Peugeot. Firstly, I would just like to say say a big thank you to the man at Peugeot for giving me £25 off and also would like to shake my fist at Autofive for messing up my order. Instead of sending me clips for the front bumper and 1 arch trim, and a headlamp panel they sent AND CHARGED me for a whole cars worth of trim clips and a complete front panel. WTF?? Also, it took 3 weeks for the bumper clips to arrive. Usually i think autofive do pretty well but somehow they royaly messed up this time.

Anyway, my problem is this... the bumper clips look like this...

post-9108-1217539005_thumb.jpg

The red insert attaches easily. But i dont see how the other side fit to the bumper? There must be something missing

When i removed the old clips they were round with a square(ish) head but these ones are totally different.

Also the new bumper does not have any holes in it, apart from the rectangular recesses. Maybe thats why it was £25 less!

welshpug

those aren't for the bumper, they slide into the red trim and clip over the rivets on the door trim and rear 1/4 panel.

does the bumper have holes at the ends for the arch trims to clip to?

Edited by welshpug

GTI6BOY

thats correct you have been given side clips and you need front bumper clips. also you need to drill your own holes, thats normal

GLPoomobile

Yep, wrong clips.

The bumper ones have a flat rectangular face that slides in to the red trim, and on the back it just has a stub with a bulged end (I suppose you could compare it to a miniature cock, if you want to visualise it ;) ) which just presses in to the hole in the bumper.

Edited by GLPoomobile

pete1986

Cheers for the quick replies guys.

Ok, so that means Autofive have totally neglected sending me any bumper clips! Ill get on the phone to them (again!) tommorrow. Which reminds me actually, i got my phone bill through yesterday and noticed that what looked like a mobile number was costing me 50p a min. I soon twigged that it was autofive, ending in 205 GTI (484). Cheeky buggers!

Welshpug - Yeh it has the two holes for the arches so its definately a GTi one, i pressume thats why you were asking.

Glad its normal to not have holes in the bumper, i thought they had given me the wrong one as well! ;) Still, wonder why he gave a discount like that, this is Peugeot who charge £310 for a pair of wishbones?!?!

EDIT: Errrr... yeah... cheers for that GLP :lol:

Edited by pete1986

Miles

You can buy a trim fixing kit box from Pug, About £25.00 for every clip you need for the car, Send the parts back to Auto5 and get a refund + your postage costs

Sign in to follow this