• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
andykandy205

Not A 205 But A 306

andykandy205

does any body know which which wires to use for the ign amps on a s16 from a xsi 16v loom, please anybody

pug_ham

On the S16 ecu, the wires from ecu pins 1, 20, 21 & 38 go to the igntion amps (wire #'s 113, 114, 1130, 1140 repsectively).

The wire from pin 1 & 20 goes to pin 2 on each amplifier, pin 21 & 38 to pin 7 on each amplifier.

Pin 4 from the amp is an earth wire.

Graham.

andykandy205

cheers for the quick response but do u know anything else that i might need to change

pug_ham

What ecu are you using for what engine?

The 137bhp 2.0 16v XSi engine & ecu (Motronic MP5.2) has the ignition amp built into the ecu but the S16 (MP3.2) has seperate ones.

Graham.

andykandy205

right im using the s16 but trying to wire it up 2 the xsi loom, however i now come up with a problem the s16 ecu is a 3 row and the xsi is a 2 row would i have to use the s16 loom or can i get away with using the xsi loom

welshpug

if its the S16 engine into another 306 the easiest way to do it if the loom doesn't plug in is to match the wires in the 1 or 2 round plugs on the inner wing.

keep the S16 loom and ECU together, as the 306 loom is pretty much self contained in the engine bay.

Its exactly the process I had to do with my ZX, I went from the S16 RFY engine to the gti6.

andykandy205

so any 1 got a wiring diagram for this cause im rubbish with electrics

andykandy205

would a gti6 loom be a better option as it has the round multiplugs already

welshpug

no, it hasnt got any wiring for the Ignition amps, haven you got the S16 loom?

andykandy205

yeah i have the s16 loom but i have to connect the the multiplugs where as the gti6 comes with them dont it

pug_ham

Won't it run off the XSi loom & ecu?

Graham.

welshpug
Won't it run off the XSi loom & ecu?

Graham.

probably would if you fitted a wasted spark coilpack like the 8v XU10 and a set of leads, but the XSi ecu would have a lower rev limit and no control over the ACAV system, don't know if the injectors differ either.

Much better to unplug the XSi loom, remove the round plugs, and match the S16 wiring to them,

should even be possible to extract the pins from the S16 plugs and fit them into the XSi loom plugs if you didn't want to cut and join the wires.

andykandy205

no bothers now gone a different route but cheers for the help

Sign in to follow this