• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Alan_M

Cooling Fans

Alan_M

ANybody know whats the power rating of the cooling fan?

Or if anybody has a second one installed, what size cable they used?

Wurzel

The fuse is a 25Amp rating.

If you look at the old fan wiring you should get a rough idea of the size you need.

If you go and look at www.vehiclewiringproducts.co.uk you should find all the stuff you need there. Newer cable tends to be thinner these days with the same current rating as the thicker stuff so don't be too alarmed if/when you order stuff.

Deadliest Pug

I intend to get a bigger more powerful fan in mine at some point and lose as much of the plastic shrouding I can.

Dave!

Zoldalma
I intend to get a bigger more powerful fan in mine at some point and lose as much of the plastic shrouding I can.

Sorry for the topic hijack, but does removing the plastic surround not mean that you'll lose some efficiency (air not directed to the radiator, but evferywhere else)?

Rob_the_Sparky

yep, and air being pushed in circles - e.g. out of fan, round edges and back into the fan!

RichE

I run a 25AMP fuse to one of the green relays that can be found in the glovebox.

I use the red cabling from halfords, 27amp rating...

Sign in to follow this