• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tombo

Bike Carbs Gsxr750, R1, R6 For Gti6

tombo

right im watching a few items on the bay at the mo and would like peoples opinions on the above, i know everyone goes for the the R1 bike carbs, but is there a major difference in the R6 bike carbs?

ive also been told that GSXR 750 bike carbs are the best option to go for as the displacement between each carb is the same as the displacement between each head port making a manifold easy to fabricate.

i just want to go for the best option that will give me good smooth increase in power and torque, ive already sorced an 88mm crank in order to up the capacity to 2045cc, now sorcing cams, desperate to crack the 200bhp mark and would like to see 150lbs.ft

Miles

Why not justt keep the std ECU and fit T/B,s much much better than carb's

tombo

ideally to run throttle bodies im going to need management anyway to run them as standard ecu will not be able to control air/fuel ratio etc. and Bike carbs are basically throttle bodies anyway, they do not work as a set of for example twin 45s

Mikey G
ideally to run throttle bodies im going to need management anyway to run them as standard ecu will not be able to control air/fuel ratio etc. and Bike carbs are basically throttle bodies anyway, they do not work as a set of for example twin 45s

Erm, standard ecu will mate, just needs a remap. (which is why i havent replied to your text... :) ) And whats with the bodies idea now?.......

tombo

i always thort you wanted to build mega squirt mikey g??? but if your positive we can get away with standard ecu then thats fine with me.

well to be honest mike im not happy with drews outputs and figures so i want more power and more torque so i will be having that crank off you if thats still ok mate, text me or let me know how much you want for it when i see you matey. and the bodies is something we or i always talk about but never do, and this time i wanna do it, just need help on buying the right ones. set of R6 ones went for 30quid and they were mint.

Edited by tombo

tombo

anyone?

pip470

Whats the question mate? I run R1 carbs, They do alright, the engine is standard but if i wanted a good amount of power i would consider the more conventional way, it might be cheaper now but the more power you want the more its going to hinder you. One of the most horrible things about bike carb conversions is the different legnths of intake manifold. Im no expert and it doesnt take one to tell you that it is less than ideal. Bike carbs are just a cheaper alternative but definatly not the best. Cheers Phill

tombo

hey mate, the question is, which bike carbs to choose to suit the gti6 out of the following options R1, R6 or GSXR 750? wanted to know if anyone on the forum has used them an if so what are there thoughts on them?

so your saying it really isnt worth the hassle as the results are not what you expected and advising to save for something like jenvey etc?

bales

Well if you read around the forum a bit R1's are used a lot and there is a very large project thread about using GSXR750 t/b's on dreamweavers car.

So it is known that they work and the gsxr's do make approx 200bhp on that car.

However I used to have a set of R6 carbs that I sold as they are too small especially if you want 200+bhp, they are used abit on smaller engined cars but I don't think they are suitable for the power output that you want. Also as Pip says they aren't ideal due to the comprosmises you generally have to make on the inlet manifold which is why there arent "lots" of cars that make good power using bike carbs/tb's.

Doing things cheaply rarely tends to make the power you want.

tombo

thanks for your help so far everyone, its put a few things into perspective

Miles

Having worked on Dreamw's old car the GSXR's are not bad but the linkage's and how they are fitted is not hte greatest way, but they do work but on that one the inlet manifold is just the std one cut but it does have pretty much equal length track's, I know the 8v one's make me laugh as the tracks are all over the place

rex

Miles,

Have you any experience with Honda Blackbird TB's on the XU10J4RS? I'm in the final stages of getting mine running with the stanard injection system first, but this is what I had planned once all the teething problems are sorted..

Obviously, I already have the TB's.

Regards,

Rex

Miles

No as I only deal with Jenvy bodies as it's allot less hassle and everything fit's first time so is always cheaper for the customer as they don;t cost much anyway

rex

Miles,

Thanks for the reply. The problem is that I live in what could almost be a third world country, and getting the RR setup out here would mean taking the car at least 400 miles away to get it set up by people who will charge a exorbiant rate due to the near exclusivity here - at that point I may as well bring it back to the UK to someone like yourself!

What price and what gains should I expect with a jenvey system on a standard engine in a 205 should I choose that route?

Regards,

Rex

Sign in to follow this