• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Doof

Lambda Sensor Location?

Doof

I've got a maniflow 4-2-1 manifold going into a 2.5inch exhaust system for my new S16 engine but dont know where the lambda sensor should go...i've read about it going quite far back, only a couple of feet from the tailpipe...but surely at that point the sensor would lag behind what the engine is really doing?

I would have thought just after the pipes finally join into 1...it'd make wiring easier too...

I have an innovate LC-1 which is heated so i suppose putting it far back shouldn't matter from a temperature point of view as it'll heat itself up to the correct temp...

Thoughts anyone?

Lewis

welshpug
I would have thought just after the pipes finally join into 1...it'd make wiring easier too...

precisely that :lol:

heres a pic of a maniflow coincidentally, you can see the bung just before the centre section join

http://www.track-monkey.co.uk/images/2058v...all/engine4.jpg

Edited by welshpug

Daz_C

I fitted the one I had just before the centre box where the tunnel is wider so it could be fitted at 10 o'clockish without it causing the wire off the sensor to be kincked. Then routed the wiring and LC-1 under the heatshield to the front of the car and into the cockpit where the original engine loom comes through. There's plenty of cable left over to go further back if you wanted.

I took mine out/off this evening as its surplus to requirments now.

taffycrook

It is thought that 30 inches is about right.

Not too close so it gets too hot, yet close enough to be heated by the exhaust gas temps.

NeilGTi85

On my recently brought GTi-6 conversion the Lambda is in the downpipe bend :lol: Seems to be working though.....

Neil

rex
On my recently brought GTi-6 conversion the Lambda is in the downpipe bend :lol: Seems to be working though.....

Neil

That's where it is on the standard down-pipe on the GTi 6 conversion I'm doing. The lamda on the CT turbo engine was a lot further away, probably due to heat from the turbo itself..

Edited by rex

welshpug
It is thought that 30 inches is about right.

Not too close so it gets too hot, yet close enough to be heated by the exhaust gas temps.

I know that they don't like being too close, but as far as I am aware all Peugeot/Citroen Lambda sensors have heater elements so the distance wouldn't affect them that much, though I don't think many would be much further than 30" anyway!

tom_m

its also worth noting that the optimum position in the exhast wall is somewhere between 30 and 90 degrees looking at the exhaust in cross section with 0 being at the top. in practice this may be quite hard to achieve on a 205 :lol:

bales

Bit off topic I know, but how much power will your engine be running as thats a pretty large bore unless it is going to be making well over 200+bhp

My turbo is only 2.5" all the way through

Doof

To be honest i'm guessing on the bore size, i'm hoping for 205+bhp so even if it is that size it should be ok...in fact i might go and measure it...

EDIT - Its 2.25

Edited by Doof

Sign in to follow this