• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
blindreaper242

207 Gti Brakes

blindreaper242

I've searched and can't find the answers to these questions:

1. Will 207 Gti brakes (305 mm discs) fit on a 205?

2. Will front brakes fit on the rear if you use a completely hydraulic system?

Cheers.

Edited by jackherer
title fixed

Baz

Not sure about the fronts as OE fitment (Gti6/307hdi etc) 283mm's are close tbh

Using fronts on the back? Yes, not sure why you'd want to, and depending on exactly what you're talking about though, but some people one here have put adapted std 1.6 gti fronts on the back.

ablister
Using fronts on the back? Yes, not sure why you'd want to, and depending on exactly what you're talking about though, but some people one here have put adapted std 1.6 gti fronts on the back.

how would the handbrake work then?

i'm sure you can remove the pad carrier from 1.6 gti front calipers and put them onto rear calipers so you can have vented discs on the rear. Rab Elliot did this to his gti6 track car iirc

Baz
how would the handbrake work then?

i'm sure you can remove the pad carrier from 1.6 gti front calipers and put them onto rear calipers so you can have vented discs on the rear. Rab Elliot did this to his gti6 track car iirc

Exactly.

nick

My first question would be why would you want to fit brakes that big in the first place??

Nick

ablister
My first question would be why would you want to fit brakes that big in the first place??

Nick

no idea but it sounds good when you tell people

Sign in to follow this