• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gti-si

Gti6 K-light

gti-si

I'm thinking of wiring up the K-light (engine management MIL light) up on my 205 gti-6. From what I can gather it's just a switched earth from the ECU so wiring it up would be easy. However, I'm just wondering if it would be constantly on and no good anyway due to the amount of stuff removed? For instance, the canister purge solenoid, AC connections, Transponder and all the PAS stuff are no longer. I've spent a lot of time today removing EVERYTHING I don't need from the ECU plug, but left in this K-light in case it could be helpful

Any insight would be appreciated,

Cheers

welshpug

it'll still work fine with all that removed, I don't have the PAS pressure switch, A/C or transponder wired in in my ZX and the K-light works as it should.

depending on the age of the cluster it may have a K-light in it.

gti-si

It's a phase 2 1990, anyone got a pic of a 205 K-light?

pug_ham

AFAIK the 1.6 GTi never had the full wiring for the K light fitted because a cat was never an option.

I've done MP3.1 conversions on 1991 205 1.6 & 1.9 GTi's but only the 1.9 had the wiring for the K light connected up correctly for it to work without any other wiring having to be changed. Mine still isn't done but its on the to do list.

klight.jpg

Picture above shwoing Klight on rev counter of C_W's 205 with BX / 205 clocks mix.

This topic might help.

Graham.

gti-si

Cheers Graham, exactly what I was looking for!

Ryan

If you want to test it then you can hook it up to the loose connection for the choke light, as that's a switched earth too.

Sign in to follow this