• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205toby

Xu10j4rs Gti6 Inlet On Xu9j4?

205toby

Hey guys,

Title says it all I guess! I'm assuming due to differences in port shape and stud layout the answer is not really. What about with adaptation? Has anyone done it? Or when I hear people talking about fitting GTi6 inlets on to Mi's is that the XU10 engined ones?

Cheers and thanks!

Toby

B1ack_Mi16

Inlet will fit fine, just remove locating dowels or drill hole in the manifold, that's it really.

205toby

Sweet! Does it make much of a difference? Surely you would use the GTI6 throttle body: What happens with the TPS?

B1ack_Mi16
Sweet! Does it make much of a difference? Surely you would use the GTI6 throttle body: What happens with the TPS?

I can only guess it's a little better than the standard 1.9 mi16 inlet, but that's just a guess.

About the throttlebody and TPS, you would have to make an adapter plate I think, which will let you put the throttleswitch from the 1.9 engine onto the new throttlebody.

Sign in to follow this