• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
allanallen

Colder Plugs For An Mi

allanallen

i'm after some colder plugs for a supercharged 1.9 mi, anyone know what i should use?

ngk list the BCP7ET as standard fittment so i'd want something like a BCP9ET, but they dont exist :D can someone shed a little light? cheers al

cyman

what issues are you having with the standard plugs ? fouling :blink:

Chris H
what issues are you having with the standard plugs ? fouling :blink:

I use NGK BCP8ET plugs in my mi16 rally engine and they have been fine, i just get them from my local motor factor and they have them on the shelf.

allanallen
what issues are you having with the standard plugs ? fouling :lol:

not had it running yet but was under the immpression it would need them. do you run the standard plugs in yours cyman?

cheers chris

base-1

You don't want 9s unless you have a really serious engine. Use the ones Chris suggested, or BCP8ES are also good and cheap and available from most retailers. Std RS Turbo plug I think, I used to use them for running nitrous

James_R

Another vote for BCP8ES's cheap and do the job

allanallen
Another vote for BCP8ES's cheap and do the job

my local factors dont have them. theyve got BCR8ES (i think) any good??? theyre resistor ones or something?

base-1

They'll do just aswell, NGK prefer resistor plugs and have phased oldschool non-resistor ones out as much as possible (ghey)

allanallen
They'll do just aswell, NGK prefer resistor plugs and have phased oldschool non-resistor ones out as much as possible (ghey)

nice one, i'll go with the resistors ones then. cheers all

Tom Fenton

I'd stay off 9's if you can help it, the Mini runs 9's but can be an absolute pig to start from cold, especially if it has been run at low load and then switched off and allowed to cool right down again. In fact sometimes if it is feeling grumpy I have to take them out and warm it up on a set of 7's then swap them back.

allanallen
I'd stay off 9's if you can help it, the Mini runs 9's but can be an absolute pig to start from cold, especially if it has been run at low load and then switched off and allowed to cool right down again. In fact sometimes if it is feeling grumpy I have to take them out and warm it up on a set of 7's then swap them back.

yeah i'm steering clear of 9s. Ive got 7s in to start with but i'll take a set of 8s with me when it goes for mapping just in case. probably be fine with the 7s, just worrying about nothin :blink:

saveloy

You are probably worrying over nothing. I use NGK 8s in my 205TT and they run excellently. A 9!!! My word.

Take a set of 8s with you, just to put your mind at ease. I doubt you'll need them.

allanallen
Take a set of 8s with you, just to put your mind at ease. I doubt you'll need them.

could you tell me that again whilst slapping me round the face :)

Sign in to follow this