• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GLPoomobile

How Much Do You Think A New Clock Costs?

GLPoomobile

Just having a look on Citroen's service box as someone mentioned I should try and get a BX 16v loom grommet, and while on the site I thought I'd see if you can still buy a replacement clock (I was going to get one a while ago as they illuminate green on the BX).

Bare in mind I'm talking about the clock that tells the time, NOT one of the instruments. Without checking the official price, have a stab in the dark guess at the cost...................

Edited by GLPoomobile

Baz

£60 odd?

sonofsam

^Double that !

Fox

£96.67

Gentrix

question is, is it more or less than the pug item?

I say less.

andi

gerry

it was 127 quid when i asked at perrys blackburn the other month!!

welshpug

probably about £90 plus vat if its the same as a 205 one.

gerry

didnt read it properly thought he meant a 205 gti jobbie!!

and that was £127!!!

Baz

Just for a LCD clock? :)

gerry

think they gave me the price on the whole unut as a lcd clock ie unplug the old plug in the new!!

GLPoomobile
£96.67

Dude, if you are going to cheat, try and be a bit more subtle! :)

Just for a LCD clock?

Yep. f***ed up eh?! I just don't get the pricing policy. On the one hand I can appreciate that they are old parts now and not so in demand, so it costs them to keep storing this s*it, but surely with the prices Pug and Citroen are charging for some of their stuff they will end up storing it even longer or just having to bin it in the end. Who in their right mind would pay nearly a ton for a small chunk of plastic with an 80's LCD clock in it? Likewise, who would pay £300+ for a wishbone when they can get the same part for circa £60 from a motorfactor.

There's no logic to it at all. They are effectively making these parts unsaleable with the prices they are charging, so what's the point?

f***ing weirdos.

Oh, and incidentally, the 205 one is £131 with VAT, although strangely it doesn't look right in the picture whereas the BX one does.

Fox
Dude, if you are going to cheat, try and be a bit more subtle! :)

That was a complete guess! :D

I'll be playing the lottery this weekend.

Did I get it right, pence and all?

timmsy19

went into pug the other day they wanted £25+ vat for a relay. its daylight robbery

GLPoomobile
That was a complete guess! :)

I'll be playing the lottery this weekend.

Did I get it right, pence and all?

You got the pence exactly right but were 4 quid too low

Gentrix

you seem to get an Island charge cause it´s cheaper over here

0000615578 ZEITUHR 83,90 EUR that is for the Peugeot clock

Edited by Gentrix

James Stewart
Who in their right mind would pay nearly a ton for a small chunk of plastic with an 80's LCD clock in it?

Question is how much would you have paid for it in the 80s when it was new and current?

I think most of the prices were set when the car was current and have been adjusted up by inflation since. But the price of some parts has dropped as they have been used on more and more models over the years...

James.

Guest 205bandit

It probally costs them about 50p to make aswell.

GLPoomobile

I've been trying to get a BX clock for ages (Green illumination, to match the BX green illuminated instrument cluster I'll be fitting at some point). Missed out on one months ago and not seen any since.

Anyway, found a guy selling ZX clocks on eBay, and realised they are the same part, although I don't know if they illumiate green. So if anyone is on the hunt for one, try ZX clocks too.

They guy selling these managed to dig out a BX clock that he hadn't listed, so I've managed to get one now for a few quid.

cRaig

There is a guy selling the green clocks on ebay.fr (came to about £16 I think), mine arrived a couple of days ago, but my 205 is still in the bodyshop so I cant check it is green.

Does anyone know if I can put 12 volts to it to check it works? Which of the 4 pins is it?

spikey_richie

You need to get your backside down to a scrap yard

dino20vt

Ive got one £20 ONO?

Sign in to follow this