• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
S13Nick

309 Arb On 205

S13Nick

right i have put a 309 arb, and im having a problem, the stabilizer rod bit hits the strut on one side, is there any reason for this

cheers

S13Nick
04062008060.jpg

Baz

Something's not right...

Alan_M

Have you bolted the droplink to the strut the right way round, and is the ARB correctly located?

gti-si

Looks to me like the drop link ball joint is on the front face of the mounting bracket rather than the back

Edit: Does it b*llocks...I've had a can or 4 :(

Edited by gti-si

daza4

I am only guessing the arb is not seated correctly. How much wider was it than the 205 one ?

Are you using the 309 wishbones/arms etc ??

James Stewart

As mentioned, is the ARB mounted correctly? Could it be slightly off to one side?

If not is it a new pattern drop link on that side? The ECP and GSF ones usually catch on that bolt head too, I find.

As far as I can tell the difference appears to be in the overall length of the upper ball-joint. The peugeot drop links sit slightly further back from the lug on the strut body, giving a better angle that clears the bolt head.

I use washers or a nut to pack out the top ball-joint from the lug. Downside is there usually is not enough thread left to reach the nylon on the nyloc nut, but that is not a concern for me.

James.

S13Nick
Are you using the 309 wishbones/arms etc ??

no im not, is this a problem???

daza4
no im not, is this a problem???

I only asked just in case the wishbones that it uses makes the front end a little wider then making the arb miss the suspension strut?

I was just thinking outside the box. Sadly I dont know I was just offering an idea to the cause of your problem.

Maybe the more experienced guys and gals on here will be able to give the correct answer.

Tom Fenton

Some more pictures of the area may help here.

Miles

The ARB is the same as the 205 item, Just thicker, Is the bobble located in the ARB clamp?

mfield

did you get the 309 arb bushes and clamping brkts when you got the bar ?

RossD

I've got this problem on my track car project, currently I've done what was mentioned above, space out the offending droplink with some washers on the strut end.

On mine, it only seems to rub when the car is jacked up and the suspension is on full droop.

Guest MattyC

i experienced this on mine too, found some drop links that have a tinner bit in the middle, they taper in then back out again. not sure if it effects the strenght much but gives that extra little bit of clearance

j_turnell

You got the ARB in the right way as afaik you can fit it the wrong way round. A pic of the bottom where it joins the drop link would help.

Sign in to follow this