• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
m_pugz_1986

Webber45's On A 1.9 8v Motronic ?

m_pugz_1986

my 205 is jan 1993 and has the 205 motronic system in place it does not have a cat as it got taken out .

I was looking at the electrical wiring diagram on the articles section and i see that id done for a coil not a coil pack ?

could someone run me through the electrics i need to do when i fit the carbs onto the car as i still want the rev counter to work . can i remove the whole ignition loom on the o/f of the car as split the loom and remove everything to do with the ignition and wire up the ignition amplifier coil pack rev counter etc in ?

i forgot to say i have a engine out of a g reg 309 but on the later motronic system , is there anyway i can remover the lamda sensor for good as my engine is pre cat so does not need a cat test but the mot tester seems to think it does as the car is k plate jan 1993 . even though i thought if u had a earlier engine in any car , they had to test it to the specs for that engine not the year of the car ? and this is at my work . The mot tester gets funny on older cars though :) I also asume when i disconect my ecu it will not efect the lamda sensor as it will not be conected in junction with the ecu , so would not be working .

thanks matt

Edited by m_pugz_1986

Sign in to follow this