• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
S13Nick

2.0l 8v Turbo Remapping?

S13Nick

hello, just want to know about re-mapping for these engines or chips available? cheers

welshpug

yes they can be mapped, unsure if anyone apart from Chipwizards can do it though, and you're limited to about 14psi on the stock map sensor.

S13Nick

has anybody delt with 'Chipwizards' are they any good?

S13Nick

do you need a map-able ecu or can a standard ecu be mapped?

sonofsam
do you need a map-able ecu or can a standard ecu be mapped?

The standard ECU can be remapped by fitting a remapped EPROM or 'chip' in place of the standard 'chip'

S13Nick

where can i get one of these from... im not very clued up on ecu's and electronics lol

cheers

Miles

I'd find a S/H aftermarket ECU (The one I fitted was £300) and with .5 bar of boost I'm getting 210bhp, not abad upgrade in HP for £££'s, The re-map is allot of money and a long way to travel, well for me anyway

sonofsam
I'd find a S/H aftermarket ECU (The one I fitted was £300) and with .5 bar of boost I'm getting 210bhp, not abad upgrade in HP for £££'s, The re-map is allot of money and a long way to travel, well for me anyway

Eh, 210bhp from .5bar boost?!

pug_ham
has anybody delt with 'Chipwizards' are they any good?

I got my car mapped by Wayne @ chipwizards & its been fine ever since (3+ years).

Only thing to make sure if you take it to him is that the emissions are set properly for the MOT, mine were just over the max 3.5co first time but he remapped it FOC when it failed the next MOT but I'm only 30 miles from him so it wasn't to bad.

I'll be taking my NEXT car to him again when I finally build it.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this