• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
paul205mi16

Sub Woofer Placement In Rear Of A Caged 205

paul205mi16

Hi!

I have recently fitted a decent quality Alpine CD/MP3 Head unit with a set of 13cm Alpine componants speakers up front, It's sounding fairly nice but, I need some bass that is definately lacking at the moment.

Problem is I have a 6 point safety device (Old style) roll cage in the car and it kind of limits the space I can use. (Do I place in the rear boot half of the car or in between the rear hoop and seats above the fuel tank??I do like the idea of where the rear seats would normally be though!)

I dont want two 15" subs that are going to wiegh a ton, I would like to keep size & wieght down but keep quality up. I was thinking of maybe using one 10/12" sub probably Alpine also..

Has anyone on here got any pics or info to help me with the decision?What have you done to add bass?

Thanks.

Paul :wacko:

hodgy

i put my sub in the middle where the back seat would go and strapped it in.only thing is you loose loads of bass if your used to hearing it from inside a boot!

Sign in to follow this